Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Messing with my new camera. Still have to get my setups right.

This one is for Bobby!

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
nice picture
What kind of camera did you get?
I just got one too still reading the book just got it this evening
Olympus Stylus 410 seem very nice gotta be better than the old kodak I had

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Wyatt said:
Messing with my new camera. Still have to get my setups right.

This one is for Bobby!

I'll second this question...what kind of camera? Must be one heck of a good F-stop to keep that blue 350Z in focus from front to back, unless you zoomed way in. We found and Olympus 4mp with an F-stop of F11 for PM pics. It worked out great for NF pics.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, the camera is a Canon A80. Bestbuys have them on sale for $249 right now. I also bought a 512 MB card and a rechargable battery kit for it. I'm very pleased with it so far.

I went to the Aperture mode, increase it a hair, also set the ISOL to 50, increased the EV to +2. The lightning is a desk lamp with a 60 watt bulb. I can't remember if I used a flash or not, but I don't think I did. I still need to work with the camera to get the lighting right. I was about 18-20 inches away, zoomed in, but had the digital zoom disabled. The picture is reduced to 37.5% and the extra stuff is cropped off.

If this all sounds too complicated, this camera shoots awesome in fully automatic mode, too, I was just experimenting with my lack of light studio setup!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Wyatt, a lighting note--I've found that Reveal bulbs (2 100 watt) in those cheap aluminum reflector bowls give great white light for car shots. Good for the hobbyist in lieu of pro equipment. I also just started using something new as a base--a small (approx 6" by 6") dry erase board as a base. Nice reflection of the light.

Joe
www.joesdiecastshack.com

G

·
and a tripod, don't forget the tripod, you can't take decent macro (close-up) pictures without one. They will run you maybe $25

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
robmcin said:
and a tripod, don't forget the tripod, you can't take decent macro (close-up) pictures without one. They will run you maybe $25
I have a tripod, but never use it. They are good for holding a camera steady, and that's real handy when using extended shutter speeds to let more light in, along with a timer.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JLWahl said:
Hey Wyatt, since you have this snazzy new camera... how about updating your site?

;)
I know I'm missing quite a few cars. Anything in particular? The only cars I have that I haven't posted yet are the Spiderman Wal-Mart set, not the TRU set.

BTW, I'll still be using my old camera for the online database, since the format will always be the same.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Wyatt said:
I know I'm missing quite a few cars. Anything in particular? The only cars I have that I haven't posted yet are the Spiderman Wal-Mart set, not the TRU set.

BTW, I'll still be using my old camera for the online database, since the format will always be the same.
I dunno. I just always look forward to seeing new stuff on your site.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, Bobby! I just bought all those Jammers that I need to fill up now! They don't look right without cars in them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts