Hobbyist Forums banner
41 - 60 of 454 Posts

· Registered
410 Posts
Man what a day. All I had to do was drive(oops). Thanks Paul for the fast car(5.6's) and a great time. It's been a long time since my hands shook on the driver stand. It was great seeing everybody. I really like the racing now that it's like the old days when we ran til 2 in the morning. I heard more smack and laughing that I have in years. And thanks again I may have a way back due to Clint had a ball, I may just have to get him one and let me wrench. OH and thanks Skillet for letting me(paul) by.LOL

The juice?

· Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I have to agree I had a blast. But running 2 classes and show and tell wore my wirey Butt out.
I appolize to all whom i didn't get over and visit with. I was just to busy. I did not mean to avoid ya'll.
Was great racing with ya'll. :thumbsup:

Brandon put the settup back on that car you had last time. it worked. :confused:

And what can i say about the "Juice man".Had the car to beat all day. His absence from racing didn't appear to have lost much. other than I believe Juice had more fun!!!! :thumbsup: :wave:

· Registered
2,226 Posts
Slider said:
I have to agree I had a blast. But running 2 classes and show and tell wore my wirey Butt out.
I appolize to all whom i didn't get over and visit with. I was just to busy. I did not mean to avoid ya'll.
Was great racing with ya'll. :thumbsup:

Brandon put the settup back on that car you had last time. it worked. :confused:

And what can i say about the "Juice man".Had the car to beat all day. His absence from racing didn't appear to have lost much. other than I believe Juice had more fun!!!! :thumbsup: :wave:
yeah i guess i will be putting the old setup back on it this week it would have been ok if i had heated tires but i was just having fun hanging out.. lacey will be quick when he gets that new speedo he showed to be a good driver for sure. skillet was running well all day and tony showed he could still drive thru the back of my car lol. slider you the ttown man!!!!!

· Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Im still busting a gut over that Skillet. Them Hooter's Car messed ya up, and gave up second for the Juice Man.Oh it was full of adventures all day. Hooter's barrel roll and land with Hooter's still in tack.

· Registered
1,258 Posts
Sorry guys, didn't know we had a new thread, but glad to see one to start off the
new year!!!!

And let me tell you, our first day was a success!!! Glad to see all the racers on
the oval! We even got the JUICE MAN out of retirement!! If you weren't there,
well, words can't explain the awesome racing we had! We run two classes:
Touring Oval (should I say "outlaw" lol) and Nascar.

1. Nascar: what can I say, we had Juice and Lacy out ther, haven't seen them
in awhile, then Gily, Slider, and Skillet. Ya'll run some great races. But I'll have
to say SLIDER was the man and took home the gold! Not only that, he was
wrenching on three cars and running two classes!!!! Great job!

2. Touring Oval: Everyone in this class was insanely fast!! I believe they had the
nascars about beat! Mark, Lake, Slider (again), Shannon, and James were your
racers. WOW! what fun! Mark H. took home the gold with 42 laps at a 4:02!!!
But check this out Shannon had a 42 lap pace at a 4:04!! So what he come in 2nd,
THE MAN WAS RUNNING WITH FRONT WHEEL DRIVE THE WHOLE MAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya'll all are talented. THANKS for coming out and supporting our track.
See ya'll next time!

Brent

· Registered
300 Posts
Brent told me to check here. This is what I posted on TT. Any help would be great. Thanks, Jeff

"Hey guys, this is Jeff Gill. I talked to a few of you Saturday. I was the new guy walking around with my 5 yearold. I use to race carpet oval years ago and I am going to try to get an oval car here in the next few weeks. I miss it. I know 2 r 3 of the guys that were there. I know spencer glasco and skillet. But just wanted to introduce myself because you will be seeing me at least once a month.

Also, what are the top cars to run now? Skillet told me a few including the hyperdrive but I cant remember the others. I looked at the L3 and looks like a good kit. Any info would be great on batteries, servos and everything. The last time i raced oval was on carpet in '96.LOL Things seem to be a little more updated. I noticed they were only running 4 cells too....we use to run 6 because the 2000 packs were the bomb back then. I have been running off road lately, do you use the high speed servos?

Thanks, Jeff Gill

· Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Fordplay. The L3 is a antique. alot of good cars out there. They all do well if settup right.
Ksg Slider.
Raptor Slider
HD Pro 3 slider. all great cars. as for Parts can get most what you need from Murdock R/C or Lefthander R/C. Some Parts at Mac Hobbies.in Tuscaloosa.
Raptor. Parts. Go to Raptor product support. Contact GILYHANTREE. or WOWRACER. Great folks.
High speed sevo yes.
Batt's will be 3800/ 4200 these days. I know some racers with excellent used Batts. Cut down on initial cost.
Also know of really nice used Raptor For sale.Contact Willyplankhead.

· Registered
300 Posts
Xtremercracing said:
Fordplay - I've got my KSG Slider for sale with lots of extras. You can ask slider or juiceman or any of the other guys about it. LMK if interested.
Send me a pm on what you got with a price. I have not looked yet but if its in the for sale, I will see it in a sec.

If you still have it when I get ready then I will look at it. I might have to wait 2 or 3 weeks to get it going. I am still recovering from Christmas. I have been beating around the bush on opening a small hobby shop with a carpet oval. Just not sure if I will get any business with the track vs the cost of getting a building leased. But if I do go with it then I will hopefully be carrying parts and kits for all of the pan cars. I have been wanting to open my own shop with track for years but I dont want to take anything from the other tracks. Thats why I am looking at the oval carpet. I use to race them in Pleasant Grove, Alabama and miss it. Plus, there isnt any carpet tracks around here. I have talked to a few of my old racing friends and they all say they will buy a car and race. Sorry about the blabering.LOL :rolleyes:

41 - 60 of 454 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.