Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,226 Posts
Gotjuice? said:
I'll try to be there the 6th. Slider you know I like to turn left right?LOL

Slider I'll call you later in the week to tell ya for sure. But all I can say is that Ya'll have had over a year with them nascars so don't let a old school boy whip ya'lls AZZ. It will be nice to turn one though.

THE JUICE MIGHT BE LOOSE SOON
juiceman do ya need me to mail you my fast ttown car down. it might be to loose for ya though. slider made a couple of laps with it but it made him a nervous wreck.

· Registered
2,226 Posts
i may throw on the caps and make the trip down. see how much better i feel i have been sick for over a week now and don't know but i would like to go roundy round somewhere. since i am at a stand still with the big ride till i get the motor in.

· Registered
2,226 Posts
i think i about got willyplankhead talked into it. i told him if i keep him down on Hp he want be spinning his wheels.he want be catching me or you either slider. i got to look at the car tommorrow and see if i can find the magic springs for ttown. i got all the big HP from north bama ready to rock and roll though.

· Registered
2,226 Posts
Slider said:
I have to agree I had a blast. But running 2 classes and show and tell wore my wirey Butt out.
I appolize to all whom i didn't get over and visit with. I was just to busy. I did not mean to avoid ya'll.
Was great racing with ya'll. :thumbsup:

Brandon put the settup back on that car you had last time. it worked. :confused:

And what can i say about the "Juice man".Had the car to beat all day. His absence from racing didn't appear to have lost much. other than I believe Juice had more fun!!!! :thumbsup: :wave:
yeah i guess i will be putting the old setup back on it this week it would have been ok if i had heated tires but i was just having fun hanging out.. lacey will be quick when he gets that new speedo he showed to be a good driver for sure. skillet was running well all day and tony showed he could still drive thru the back of my car lol. slider you the ttown man!!!!!

· Registered
2,226 Posts
Fordplay said:
Ok, on motor springs, the heavier the spring, the more torque and less top end right? Been a while.... :(
suppose to work that way . most people run a red and a green spring i run 2 red springs everywhere i go. f brushes. co 27 is about the only motor you are going to find monsters are hard to find now.also f brushes skim comm and clean up brushes and go again have got as many as 30 passes out of f brushes before they where shot. batteries SMC 4200's they are great. i run EA motorsports motors they are great as well he also has good batteries.

· Registered
2,226 Posts
servo specs here is what i look for

.13 sec or faster at 4.8 volts
torque 80 in oz or higher

digital is the way to go now days.
futaba 9550 or 9650 is what most oval racers use. the dead band in the servo affects it as much as the specs i have had a few jr servos that worked great can't remember the #s hitec servos don't waste your money!!!

· Registered
2,226 Posts
if anyone is interested in a good RAPTOR chassis i will be selling my car that i finished 3rd at the 06 roar paved oval nats. front end has 2 weekends on it all boca ceramics throughout i will let it go for $200 no servo it is drilled for 9550. i also have a keyence speedo that i will take $60 bucks for it is a awesome speedo.not getting out just updating equipment during the winter months.

· Registered
2,226 Posts
Fordplay said:
Thanks. I have been racing off road for the last 4 years or so. Hitec was all we ran until here lately because of the torque they put out. We really didnt need them to center exact. Especially with the slop that is in our steering.LOL
yeah you can get by on the dirt rides. just trying to get yall guys started back up in the right direction. i want to do some door to door racing. just ask slider i aint scared to go three wide a ttown and do it lap after lap when i got that unit dialed in .

· Registered
2,226 Posts
Fordplay said:
I dont think we use to have it but did you know that these have rear steer? LOL They have little pieces to put in the rear t plate that is adjustabe from 0, 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0. I dont remember having this....
yeah the old fashion way for rear steer was to egg 2 tplate holes and twist it in boy have the cars changed so much.

· Registered
2,226 Posts
skillet22429 said:
i didnt run 19t in the heats or the main, i stuck the 19t in to see what it was gonna look like when we were practicing, it wont work.....too much for the track especially comin out of turn 4......i was runnin a monster motor, ran the 4200's in the 1st heat, then ran 3800's in the 2nd and 3rd heats, then ran the 4200's in the main.....with the montgomery setup on gearing.....
yeah you probably could run that 19turn. but the timing would have to be backed down to like 0 degrees.if it is the one i gave it might be a bit much for that track though!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
2,226 Posts
Fordplay said:
Cool, I changed my setup after the last race. It was ALOT better. I let Michael drive it and he could tell a big differance. Now if I can just talk these other pan car drivers into coming out.LOL :p
when it warms up abit will be back down to run a 42 or 43 lap run. we should be starting about 5.3 and finishing with 5.5 when it warms up with the big batteries we got now days. right now somewhere in the low to mid 6 second range is pretty good on that cold cold track.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.