Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 531 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hobby Plex Omaha, NE

Hey oval racers in the Omaha area, the new track is open at Hobbytown in Omaha. Rob Murdock of MurdockRC burned up the track in 19 turn with a 3 lap lead over 2nd place. Come on down and give him some competition. Saturdays doors open at 10:00 am and races at 12:00. Track is great with 175 ft driving line. HWY 680N & Irvington exit :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Im with you on that one Cowboy. Hopefully they dont stay with that. To many of us oval guys are in points battles and like to travel east to race to go head to head with the other tracks. Plus we wont even have a chance to get them over this way to have more competition for us. Plus it really throws a bind in the bigger events that are coming up that I have made plans for already. This was bad timing for a change. I was wanting to head east this week to work on the mod program.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Looks like a nice place,wish it was a couple hundred miles closer.
Pretty tough for most tracks to make it with seperate oval road programs,but it would be nice not to have switch the track over.
Any plans for a two day oval race anytime soon????

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
There is talk of doing something big yet Hoop, but if they dont switch the race days back around there may not be any oval left to have anything Im affraid. Hopefully this is just a 1 time deal this week. It is tough to go anywhere when 4 tracks run oval the same day.

Rob M

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys,
If you checked the new oval schedule at Hobby Plex, oval was moved to Sunday and on road to Saturday. Sounds like the on road guys complained and the days were changed. I us oval guys are not as important at that track. Well, it will be a great oval track if we can put pressure on Ski to give us Saturday back. Lets keep up the pressure, won't see you down there much as Sundays don't work well for me.
Jim
"GO FAST, TURN LEFT"

·
Registered
305 Posts
Looks like I may have to change my mind about getting back into racing if this is what their going to do. Saturday would work better for me, and if they don't change back they will have lost somebody before they even got started.

Chad O.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Guys
Before we give up on Hobby Plex lets put some pressure on Ski, I am sure he want the track to succeed. He is looking at the number of onroad racers he has now, if he comes around and promotes oval next season we will out number the onroaders by far. If anyone can find out if Ski has e-mail we can voice our opinions that way. If you get it post it here.
Jim
"GO FAST, TURN LEFT" :thumbsup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Cowboy
I see all your replies were deleted, were you getting vocal about your displeasure with the schedule change. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
There is no riff between the onroad and oval guys. Neither side wants it the way it is nor did anyone want it changed. All we can do is hope that it gets changed back and soon because oval on the local level is all but dead for car count of any kind. We need to leave it open for others to come over if they want or us go there. Hobbyplex cannot compete with existing tracks and right now is a very bad time for this with the special events coming up this month. My scedule is in pieces right now but Im affraid to make new arrangement in the event that hobby plex changes there mind again. Time will tell I guess

·
Registered
980 Posts
Hey omaha racing, bring that 700 out tonight and let Ski know that you are interested in oval saturdays.Talked to racers in Iowa sun, they would like to try the place out-on SATURDAYS. It will be hard to build an oval crowd when everyone else has been running all season somewhere else on Sunday.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Phil & Bob -

You know my thoughts on this - As you know, my pref is "road" on Sundays - primarily cause it's my day off & have to work on Sat.

Last wed. I tried to get a bunch of "Road Drivers" to write out a note for the "suggestion" box at the track to change the schedule back. Most everyone wants it back..... We'll just have to keep trying.

-Todd

·
Registered
834 Posts
Well sunday's are just impossible!Omaha has always been a Saturday track and all other Club/Tracks in the area have scheduled accordingly!Sunday you have Iowa,KC,Stanton,phillips etc...!Does not make alot of sense looking from that view!Lincoln use to be a Friday track then they switcheed and look at Lincoln racing now!I would rather see Omaha race Oval on a Friday night than Sunday!this a tough time of year to get cars anyway with spring and outdoor activites starting,plus all the seaon fanalies such as Trophy races and points battles finishing up!If they don't listen to the voices of the racers this will end up like Lincoln DEAD!I remember Lincoln also told the Oval guy's they didn't need them!LINCOLN now is quote the omnise UNDERTAKER {RIP)!LOL I'm not saying Oval is the only thing but it is nice when you have oval and road course the same day so you have more time between rounds to tune on your car,plus if you want to race both oval and road you don't have to come up to seperate day's and when you have a 150 mile drive your only gonna do one of thetwo!
JUST MY OPINION!
Al & Josh Halte

·
Registered
23 Posts
Road Course on Sunday

Thanks Cowboy-

I'll be racing road at HobbyPlex tomorrow night and 'll spread the news about this thread.

As far as why the change was made-- I have no idea what the actual reason is - but have heard speculation that because of the 8 minute 12th scale heats - it makes a longer race day for the track...?

But the last road race they had (on Sunday) they had a vote for 2 or 3 qualifiers... and of course everyone voted for 3. My opinion - it should only be 2 qualifiers & a main. (But That's the Race Directors Job) to determine how late he wants to stay...?Ha

Any way we got done around 8pm -and it would've been around 6:30 had we only run 2 Q's & a main.

Spead the word to all --- PLEASE SWITCH IT BACK...!!! Sat Oval - Sun Road!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It sounds like we are all on the same page, and that is Saturday has been and should be oval race day in Omaha. Sounds like mixed feeling as to whether it should or should not be with onroad racers. Let keep giving Ski feedback in a nice way. We all gain if the track is successful, and everyone loves the new track. This is just the beginning and perhaps by fall season things will fall into place.
Jim Carson

"GO FAST, TURN LEFT" :wave:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I, also, am trying to get back into oval racing, and Saturday would be the best for me. Omaha has always been a Saturday oval.

Thanks,
Denny

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Guys
Todd is putting together a petition for Hobby Plex to return the oval to Sat. & onroad to Sunday, besure he has your name for the petition if thats what you want. :wave:
Jim

1 - 20 of 531 Posts