Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 3285 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hobby World Paved Oval, Jax Official Thread. It's Back

Well guys here's the Hobby World Thread. Is anyone going to run 12th scale 19t with me. Or am I going to have to break out the 10th scale.
Come on I know their are guys wanting to run 12th scale. Small and FAST!!!!!!:dude:

·
Registered
470 Posts
BIGDOGRC,

Don't know if you will get any takers for 1/12th scale,I went out to Hobby World last weekend,and checked the surface,the last sealer coat is cracking,.......I wouldn't want to run 12th scale on it,matter of fact,I went back to a pod-mounted wing on my 1/10 scale,just to get a little more traction,.......get out your 10th scale oval rocket and run! I'll be there as much as work will allow........see ya!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
470 Posts
irvin36mm

You over here on the Hobby World thread yet? Did you run last friday? What class,......and how did you fare? I was going to try to make it friday night,but I had to work,I just got off saturday evening as well.But the car is close,and I'm going to try to get out there sunday,and do some fine tuning.Hope to race you next friday!:D

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Joespec-
Yes,I raced at HW this past Friday! We had a pretty good/decent turnout! After losing my notes from the asphalt days & struggling with a push in the turns,I finally got the car to hook up very well yesterday (Sat 10/19). I may make it out this Sunday also & refine/ fine-tune the car for next Friday night!(10/25) Ran 4-cell 19 turn but the stock motor ran pretty good as well. Kinda looked slow running out on the track,but it was pretty good! (I ran the stock motor in practice while Adam was tuning my 19t motor!)

Hope to see you Sunday!
-George

PS: Go back to pod-mounted wing! That's why the car wasn't right! :eek:

·
Registered
502 Posts
1/12 scale

I ran thursday night practice with the 1/12 scale. I ran 3 packs and very little chassis scratches. Looked slow in the huge track, but Ill have mine next Friday ready to go just incase. Carpet track gearing may also have played in the SLOW part of it.. maybe taller gears to make up for the size????

We got 2.... need 3 more

C

·
0 Posts
4cell mod

:devil: I ran on friday night and had some problems with my car and top speed. Can anybody help with whatgear ratio to start with.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
chaz at cpt we ran a 32-120 and thattrack is smaller than what you are running on now. if it's not a real tight track with nice wide turns and long straight try a 32 -110 or something like that. or ask adam from atomic he is the shell answer man!

C

·
0 Posts
Thanks Katfish I haven"t run oval at hobby world in a long time so any info will be a big help

·
Registered
697 Posts
Chazracer,
Come see me friday and I will get you the right gear. Just ask for greg everybody knows me.:thumbsup: :wave:

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Jeremy-
Not the fastest?? Maybe or maybe not,but I'll say that you're one of the fastest guys out there!! :thumbsup: You're always a threat every week!!

-George

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hopefully the problems I diagnosed sun and cured will help me trade paint with jeremey and george. LOL

Greg:lol:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Look out the BRDracing power plants are in george, who needs rocket motors! LOL
Greg:eek: :wave:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Rich,
I think I speak for all of us when I say y'all are welcome anytime. I let you know if we start our sunday race again. Kinda small 20-30 guys but alota fun. We run three qualifiers on sundays wooohooo! Weakest chameleon I have right now is a 94 on the power and 26k rpms. You guys just racin at superior now? If things calm down for me work wise I might have to come down and see if anybody in 4-cells got anything.LOL

Greg:wave:

1 - 20 of 3285 Posts