Hobbyist Forums banner

Hobby World-Jax,FL Official 2004 Thread (Ver 2.0)

72K views 3K replies 55 participants last post by  davepull 
#1 · (Edited)
Hobby World-Jax,FL Official 2004 Oval Thread (Ver 2.0)

As Hankster requested,here's the new Official Hobby World thread for 2004! Please keep it clean!
-George

#2 ·
Woohoo 1st question!

Ok, I just picked up an L3 with the L4 conversion off of Ebay. It comes with Green Rears, and I think 1 red, 1 purple, and maybe 2 blue fronts. I will have to double check.

Anyway, what tires do you guys run and could anyone give me a general direction the color ratings as far as hardness and other differences? I know about as much about oval as I did 5 months ago about touring which is exactly jack and crap lol. But there is alot more sources of info out there on touring than there is oval. That I have been able to find anyway.

Thanks,
Eugene G.

#4 ·
bsr tires info,

Green 30+/-
Medium compound recommended on medium traction carpet tracks.

Blue 50+/-
Medium/harder compound, recommended on extremely high traction carpet tracks and on asphalt tracks.

White 30+/-
Soft compound, recommended for rear tires on low traction carpet tracks. Works well in modified racing on the rear.

Gray 35-40
Medium compound recommended on medium traction carpet / abrasive asphalt tracks. Low wear / longer lasting.

Pink 30
Soft compound recommended on low traction asphalt tracks and as the inside front or rear on low bite carpet tracks.

Double Pink 35
Slightly firmer pink, recommended on low traction asphalt tracks and more abrasive tracks.

Purple 40
Medium/hard compound recommended on high traction asphalt or carpet tracks. Low wear / longer lasting.

Double Purple 45
Hard compound recommended on high traction asphalt or carpet tracks. Low wear / longer lasting.

Red 50
Hardest compound recommended on high traction asphalt tracks. Good for right front. Lowest wear / longest lasting.

BIGDON

#7 · (Edited)
Eugene G- Sounds like it has Spec tires on it. If you're going for the "El Cheapo" route on the car,the Spec rubber's a good start! But most,if not all,of the stock guys stick to the good rubber.
What class are ya planning to run w/that car?

Shawn-New enhancements? Hopefully more racin' & raggin' than complaining! lol
-George

#9 ·
George,
I plan on starting in 4 cell stock in a couple of weeks. I should have the car tomorrow and then a few weeks practicing with it before trying a race out. I am looking for some more fun besides the TCs. :) Depending on how much fun/how easy I pick it up will decide where I go from there, lol.

#18 ·
Military Duty that weekend gota play with Uncle Sam...I was planning to run last Sunday but the wife got called into work due to some computer virus.

How about it for the rest of you guys...Bradfords only 1.5 hours from here great concrete oval...it'll keep you on your toes.

Plus you have to meet the owner Mr Scott

#22 ·
rcgen said:
So...what's the good "rubber"? TRC, BSR, JACO, etc. or whatever I can get a set to use and practice with fast like before Friday. J/K Also, if HW has is in stock?
Eugene- The good stuff is what you've mentioned: TRC,BSR,JACO,etc. IMO,the Spec rubber is a bit too hard & crappy whereas the "good stuff" is a higher grade of rubber. Look closely at a TRC purple tire vs a Spec Blue. The surface on the Purple has more of an open pore construction than the Spec tire. Also the rubber is a better quality than Spec.
I've practiced my car last Sat & Sun in 19t trim using Spec tires. They handled pretty good,except I wore the crap out of the fronts! The car may have been better w/good tires. The tires that HW carries (good rubber) are TRC's with the hideous yellow rims. They are more expensive than Specs,but if ya want to play,ya gotta pay! :(

Junkman- click here! http://home.comcast.net/~shawnleary/hobbyworld/
The directions are on the site.
-George

#23 ·
rcgen said:
Military Duty that weekend gota play with Uncle Sam...I was planning to run last Sunday but the wife got called into work due to some computer virus.

How about it for the rest of you guys...Bradfords only 1.5 hours from here great concrete oval...it'll keep you on your toes.

Plus you have to meet the owner Mr Scott
Hope to see some of you guys the 16th. Mr.Scott is one of the coolest HS owners I know..:dude:
C-ya's Friday night..

I need some of those bright yellow wheels,how much r they at HW?

Kevin's RC Oval Site/Branford RC Speedway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.