Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 2876 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
davepull said:
hey John do you remember that kid Patrick that used to race with us he hung around with me???? well he wants to come and race but his charger crapped out on him and he needs to buy batteries. he has the money for the batteries but not a charger. do you have a spare he could use for the night?
Dave I have an old charger if he wants to buy it. Its one one the old small trobo chargers.

·
Registered
208 Posts
How many races are races are left in this series and is the 19 turn class going to be any 19 turn, machine wound or hand wound or is it going to matter. Just courious I need to replace my C2 anyhow I think there all slap worn out......

·
Registered
278 Posts
hurricaneracing said:
How many races are races are left in this series and is the 19 turn class going to be any 19 turn, machine wound or hand wound or is it going to matter. Just courious I need to replace my C2 anyhow I think there all slap worn out......
Two more weeks. The 19t arms we will probley have a meating about friday.

·
1,084 Posts
Got four new locals getting into the 19t pool, gotta start the smack talking early. Hype it up a little. ;) Seeing Jerry and Phil battling these last few Friday nights has been a blast. Can't wait to get in their way.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
So how many are going to be left in stock? I know Chris is and I am starting out there, but wondering about moving up to 19T for next series......that is as long as I can get around the track in decent times.

Any other boards or sites with good oval info? There are tons of places I read up on touring but I havent seen too much on the oval end of things.

·
Registered
278 Posts
:confused: Does 1/10th of an oz. or 2/10th of an oz. matter in oval ?? :freak: ( just the axle ) :thumbsup: How many oz. is your axle?? With gear, hubs, diff rings, diff balls, 10 screws and one small spacer!! ( full diff no tires )

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
DEEPBLUE said:
:confused: Does 1/10th of an oz. or 2/10th of an oz. matter in oval ?? :freak: ( just the axle ) :thumbsup: How many oz. is your axle?? With gear, hubs, diff rings, diff balls, 10 screws and one small spacer!! ( full diff no tires )
John- IMO,only if you're very "hypercritical" about weight (overall car and/or front vs rear). Good question,though. I'll have to measure mine @ lunch. I'll let you know.
-George

·
1,084 Posts
New92, 19t is not for the beginner. The car starts to fly apart upon impact at those speeds. Ask Rob about that. Get quick in four-cell stock or Pro-Spec and then move up.

I would think the rear axle weight would be affected more by the tire size than anything. The more weight you shave off the less rotational mass, the quicker spool time, the faster you'll be. Lighter axle = $. Currently I'm running my rears down to the hubs and my car keeps getting faster. I'm running the biggest gear I've ever run as well, 39/120. I've got the yellow fiberglass axle and what ever hubs the L3 came with when I bought it off of Dan last year. Next time I have it off I'll weigh it.

·
Banned
550 Posts
One way to lighten the rotation mass on the rear axel is to use the drill jig from niftech. You can drill a 9 hole pattern on both the right rear hub and on the axel hub itself. That one way I know of are there any others?

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
shawnleary said:
...19t is not for the beginner.
What not for a beginner??? Oval??? Please...19t for touring may not but oval???? Come on...Let's see you oval pull trigger, let off trigger a little, turn left, pull trigger, let off trigger a little, turn left pull trigger. Sounds toooo simple too me. :jest:

Anyone wanting to run 19t for their first oval race go ahead and run. It's not that fast :lol:

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
shawnleary said:
.......19t is not for the beginner. . .
Ha! That's where I got my start 5 yrs ago! I had bought an L3 when they first came out from CPT. I built it in 2 days because I was home from work early & very bored sitting at home. (Hurricane Floyd) Then I found out that 19t was the only class I could run it in. I originally wanted to run w/the Spec guys 'cause they had the cool NASCAR paint jobs,but this is before "Pro-Spec",so I ran in 19t (Chameleon 1 motor/2000-2400mAh era) for a couple of years.

Besides,following the fast guys makes you work harder on your driving & setup! (Right,J. Pilgrim? LMAO!) If ya decide that this is the class you want to race in,work hard,ask a s**tload of Q's & practice a lot. It'll pay off in the end!
-George

·
Registered
538 Posts
Saftey Recall Associated

For those who own a Quasar Pro Charger.............
May 03, 2004
Recall Notice! #611 Reedy Quasar Pro Charger.
Due to potential safety concerns, Associated Electrics is planning a voluntary recall of the Reedy #611 Quasar Pro Charger to begin on May 10, 2004.

Two problems, a defective fuse and some program errors, make the charger unsafe to use, particularly in dry weather and with high capacity NiMH cells. Corrections for this problem have been developed, but until these corrections are applied the charger should not be used. If you have this charger, it is important that you discontinue its use immediately.
Please do not call Associated Electrics or your dealer. Plans for the recall have not been completed, so no one can assist you at this time. By the end of next week we will have toll-free numbers installed for this recall, and full instructions for returning your charger for correction will be posted here.

Associated Electrics, Inc.

For more details... keep an eye on Team Associated's website at:
URL: http://www.teamassociated.com

Joe :dude:

·
1,084 Posts
Ok, that's fair. Let me rephrase it then, 19t is not for the beginner on a budget since you'll be replacing parts faster than the store can restock them for you. lol ;)

Thanks Joe for the public service announcement. What class you runnin next series anyway???? Inquiring minds want to know.

41 - 60 of 2876 Posts