Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 2876 Posts

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
rcgen said:
So...what's the good "rubber"? TRC, BSR, JACO, etc. or whatever I can get a set to use and practice with fast like before Friday. J/K Also, if HW has is in stock?
Eugene- The good stuff is what you've mentioned: TRC,BSR,JACO,etc. IMO,the Spec rubber is a bit too hard & crappy whereas the "good stuff" is a higher grade of rubber. Look closely at a TRC purple tire vs a Spec Blue. The surface on the Purple has more of an open pore construction than the Spec tire. Also the rubber is a better quality than Spec.
I've practiced my car last Sat & Sun in 19t trim using Spec tires. They handled pretty good,except I wore the crap out of the fronts! The car may have been better w/good tires. The tires that HW carries (good rubber) are TRC's with the hideous yellow rims. They are more expensive than Specs,but if ya want to play,ya gotta pay! :(

Junkman- click here! http://home.comcast.net/~shawnleary/hobbyworld/
The directions are on the site.
-George

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
rcgen said:
Military Duty that weekend gota play with Uncle Sam...I was planning to run last Sunday but the wife got called into work due to some computer virus.

How about it for the rest of you guys...Bradfords only 1.5 hours from here great concrete oval...it'll keep you on your toes.

Plus you have to meet the owner Mr Scott
Hope to see some of you guys the 16th. Mr.Scott is one of the coolest HS owners I know..:dude:
C-ya's Friday night..

I need some of those bright yellow wheels,how much r they at HW?

Kevin's RC Oval Site/Branford RC Speedway

·
Registered
208 Posts
Deep Blue Hmmmm anything like deep thought??? All is good ready to run Friday to try the new speedo see if that solves my problem....Always have been slow but this stuff lately is killing me. See ya there

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
hey John do you remember that kid Patrick that used to race with us he hung around with me???? well he wants to come and race but his charger crapped out on him and he needs to buy batteries. he has the money for the batteries but not a charger. do you have a spare he could use for the night?

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
DaveP- I usually carry a Millenium w/me for a spare (and to knock Pilgrim over the head when he steps out-of-line! lol) If ya want,I can charge batts for him Friday. LMK
-George

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Is everyone going to run 19t? I was planning to move from spec to stock. Who all is planning to run stock for the next series?

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Is there racing at HW on Mother's Day? I was at the store (103rd) and saw a sign stating racing sunday May 23 and it listed the different classes. It was hand written and on the car side. Go figure...well...it's a start...:)

Anyone planning to race at Strickland's on saturday? I am planning to but need to know the tire combo.

Kevin check PM

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ormand Beach

Myself and Joe are going down Saturday I believe Jerry is also going, see you there,pink rears purple fronts.
Phillip

·
Registered
959 Posts
shawnleary said:
It won't be in GA hands for long ;) ;) Hopefully anyway <fingers crossed>
That's what I like to hear.......... Big Words... Hope you can back it up.

Look forward to racing all the new people who are going to be running 19t.

I don't think the track record will last long ( the first race ) after going to any 19t motor.

·
Registered
158 Posts
front tires

Hey guys i am running all four tires purple and i was wondering if you guys think is would be better to get some reds too. or is there not a big difference in stock oval. Another thing...my wing is level with my roof but its placed to the left of the car more then the center...will that make a big difference. i put the holes straight but i attach the wing to the chassic and its not in the center like it would be if i attached it to the body. :freak: Anyways is it better to run the wing on the chassic or the body?? thanks guys!!!!!! :wave:

mike :thumbsup:

21 - 40 of 2876 Posts