Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alriight, I know there are a lot of Hobby Talk members who are following the 'shelter at home"
recommendation by the government to beat the Coronavirus crud sweeping across the country and
who are not getting out [email protected]@king for any new Hot Wheels right now. Sooooooooo….

Get out the five (5) Hot Wheels that you already have in your collection that you consider to be your
FAVORITE HOT WHEELS RELEASES, give them a hard look over, then post in what you consider to be
your SINGLE PERSONAL FAVORITE HOT WHEELS RELEASE! So give it some thought and let's see 'em!

Here's mine! I am still crazy over these '67 Pontiac GTOs since this was my first car ever owned that I paid
$900 for in 1972 to drive to college at Morehead State University. 427 c.i. with a Hurst 4-Speed shifter.
I still miss this old car today, since the last time I saw the one I had owned it had been rear-ended and had
the trunk pushed up to the rear seat!

When it comes to these as Hot Wheels releases, I just can't help myself and usually buy all that I see!

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Good question. I eliminated all the customs I have done over the years since it said 'release'. I got it down to 3, but have to go with this one. Original redline yellow Sand Crab. Had this from childhood. my first car too, was a dune buggy... and when ever I see this one, brings back memories. Also love the design, faithful pretty much to Tom Daniel's original. Also spurred me on to try to collect all the colors of the originals. Getting close but probably will never get them all due to a couple being high priced and rare.

·
Registered
476 Posts
think I'm going to go with the 1970 Mighty Maverick casting, in any color I'm not picky. My first car was a 1970 Maverick with a straight six and a 3 on the tree, in "Anti-Establish Mint" green. Of course I like and collect the two more modern Maverick castings as well, but I've been snapping up any Mighty Maverick casting I come across for well over 15 years now. Last one I found was at a HW sell and trade for 60 bucks, with the rear wing attached.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts