Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, they had the Grand Opening. Only Sci-Fi they had were 1/1000 PL 1701, NX-01, and Klingon D-7. So at least I can get ST models. I asked about Moebius Models, and I was told that they will stick with the core models that usually sell.

I did get a 1/288 Space Shuttle & Booster Rockets. I plan to build it as a Moonraker.

It is the ONLY local hobby store for me now, and it is better than none!

·
Starship Class
11,873 Posts
Definitely better than nothing!

So has Prattville recovered fully from the tornado now? That storm hit my old neighborhood where I lived 1973-1980.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Yesterday, they had the Grand Opening. Only Sci-Fi they had were 1/1000 PL 1701, NX-01, and Klingon D-7. So at least I can get ST models. I asked about Moebius Models, and I was told that they will stick with the core models that usually sell.

I did get a 1/288 Space Shuttle & Booster Rockets. I plan to build it as a Moonraker.

It is the ONLY local hobby store for me now, and it is better than none!
I can say I fully trust just about all the web based stores I use. I especially like Culttvman. They are fairly reasonable and turn your order around and ship it pretty quick. It was a hard concept for me, at first. I'm 46 and traditional. I love Hobby Lobby when they have what you want, but as far as sci-fi they have less now than ever!! Back in the day, I got my first Polar Lights J-2 there. I don't know what happened. Now I live in California, and I go to a huge shop called Gilroy Hobby. They have everything and specialize in rare Aurora and other items. They keep ALL the Moebius stuff in, as well. They are working on getting me the Lincoln Futura model, and low and behold, Culttvman is now carrying it again!! Go figure!! Now it's hard to stay loyal to one company! Also, check out Henry at TSDS.com Very helpful and reliable....

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lee, Prattville has fully recovered.The K-Mart got wiped out, but is back and better than before. They have an Internet Cafe!

kdaracal, Hobby Lobby still carries PL, and I hope to see a Refit there, and get 40% off.
As for my main model stores, are CultTVMan and MegaHobby.

·
Starship Class
11,873 Posts
Lee, Prattville has fully recovered.The K-Mart got wiped out, but is back and better than before. They have an Internet Cafe!
Good to hear!

kdaracal, Hobby Lobby still carries PL, and I hope to see a Refit there, and get 40% off.
Hobby Lobby has been good about carrying the 1/1000th PL ST kits. When it's out, you should find it there.

As for my main model stores, are CultTVMan and MegaHobby.
Yeah, I do most of my shopping with them as well. I wish I could do more but the economy SUCKS!!!!:cry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts