Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here at the RR Board. I mostly post on the diecast customizing forum. Actually that is what brought me here with my question. I built a concept custom bandwagon. I'm looking at it sizing out in HO scale. I found a "jug band" but I was hoping to find some rock'n roll figures. Maybe a drummer with a trap set.

Would anyone here know of figures like these described?

Thanks
CH

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Hi,

My name is Trevor and my wife and I own a hobby store called Monster Hobbies. I have some HO scale items, but not too many figures on hand.

For your question, try Woodland Scenics for figures. I have found some 1950's Greasers in HO scale and I know they have a lot of other figures. Prieser is also a good HO figure company to look into. They're from Germany and they have a lot of figures, from Circus Clowns to Undertakers.

I personally haven't seen any rock and roller's, but that doesn't mean they're not out there.

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response.

I've not checked the "Woodland Scenics." I've looked in the search engine at Prieser using "bands" "musicians" "music instruments." I did come up with one standing acoustic guitarist, a sax player and the jug band. Given those I could probably come up with a group. Huh! Kind of like starting a whole new band. Were bands not so much fun when they work, I sure wouldn't go through the hassel of trying to keep one together. I have used a fiddle and a sax in my groups but never together. But that has always been the ideal combination in my head. Ironic it may come together in HO scale before 1:1.... :p

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
I'm just curious if you could take that jug band and "transform" it to a rock bad. Cut away the jug, replace with a microphone. Trim off the hats and add long hair. Turn the banjo into a guitar with filler... etc.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah...That looks like the alternative. It would just be cheaper if I didn't have to get figures from two or three different sets. I've no problem with the dress of most of the figures. Now days "Americana music" which is what catagory my group now falls under has no real "uniform." Not really wanting spandex and freak flags.

Wonder why no one's come out with a rock band set? The drums would be the biggest advantage to a set.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm figuring this set up to be HO. Like many potential venues. Right now I can't afford a band. So I'm working on building or installing a transmission. ;)

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
just look around for 1:87 scale figures, if you have to convert them try looking at model distributors like tamiya, some companies have 1:87 scale figures

1 - 10 of 10 Posts