Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is now available for order at 1Stop (maybe other places too?). It carries 3 cars, one of which is wrapped up like a Christams present. 100 of the trucks will be carrying a chase car but it will be the wrapped car, so you're gonna have to open it to find out. :freak:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Its a good idea I think, real collecters have a shot at them now, not just the stockers and ebay sellers who have nothing better to do than hang out at discount stores at 2am. Hopefully they will be package in a blister so you have to open them and not in a recloseable (read returnable) box. They will be numbered too.
Good ideas Funline!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I will try and post pics shortly. They do come up on ebay, but I would say 9 out of 10 times, if not everytime, its just for the MM Hauler and trailer, which cdon't get me wonrg, I love mine! They are very cool! I just wish I even knew what the three other cars were or even looked like. I just know that the middle was in the box and had the possibility to be a 1 of 100 chase car!

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
I never actually bought one of the haulers...but I did get this as a bonus in a trade I made... It is gold chrome, but is not one of the chase ones... I believe

·
Registered
4,793 Posts

'57 Chevy - red chrome
'50 Bullet Nose - green chrome
'56 Fairlane - smoked gold chrome
The chase car was the Fairlane in gold metalflake with moon discs.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
ECchopper said:

'57 Chevy - red chrome
'50 Bullet Nose - green chrome
'56 Fairlane - smoked gold chrome
The chase car was the Fairlane in gold metalflake with moon discs.
I have 1 just like this. Same cars. I did have a second one that I sold at the local HW meting. Did not know anything about a chase car or I would have probably opened the second one. It is a very cool piece.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Chase Car # 47 of 100

I had to buy mine ... I think only about 11 cars materializes out of the 100 Chase cars !
Somewhere out there are a bunch of children playing with the rest of them ! :eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought about 15 of those at hobby lobby. They were marked down to about 5 or 6 bucks back then. Not one chase car but they still are cool! I believe I still have a few downstairs somewhere. I'll have to dig them out for next xmas. I gave some to the kids for gifts. Now I have grand kids to give them too. I can't believe that was 2004!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I remember those - I bought one. I never opened it & didn't know til I saw this thread there was a car in the box. I'll have to see if I can find it now.

·
Registered
538 Posts
The 1st two that showed up on e-bay sold for over $400.00 BUCKS ! :eek:

the only cars I've ever seen on e-bay ... I found mine from a private seller, and paid a lot less.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts