Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's what I've been working on lately. Made to fit t-jet chassis. This will run in our Vintage class using RRR wheels & tires. The windshield is part of body for this example and is painted black. Or could be opened up. What do ya think?

Attachments

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
MrG,
One of the best looking casts I've seen of that car! Do you offer it in any color or just the basic white? :thumbsup::thumbsup: rr

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
I don't think food dye will cut it. Ink from a pen might work though. One little drip and mix to see how deep a shade you end up with.. Really nice looking body too!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
No food die or acylic paints the water does very weird things to the resin. Try testors enamels. All you need is a small drop to color the resin. Good looking 58 what diecast is it based on?

Roger Corrie

·
Registered
108 Posts
you do a very clean job of shortening your bodies,it can be very tricky,Ive killed quite a few die-cast that ended up in the trash.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
sweeeeeet! I need me a white one of them to paint red pinstripes on... put some RRR Chrome Steelies on it... and call it Terry the Toad's car...

(cmon, we gotta have some American Graffiti fans out there...)

--rick

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
That is one fine 58...

sweeeeeet! I need me a white one of them to paint red pinstripes on... put some RRR Chrome Steelies on it... and call it Terry the Toad's car...

(cmon, we gotta have some American Graffiti fans out there...)

--rick
rick,

Hey man I am a HUGE American Graffiti fan. Just make sure you PM me when you start posting pics of your build on HT.

Bob...what everyone else said, "nice job indeed!!...zilla

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
oooooh, i just noticed i'd have to add the chrome spear back to the sides. hmmmm...

--rick

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry about that Rick, the boddies are made up for racing, even though back then some left the trim on. Maybe I should make one up with the chrome back on, wouldn't be hard to do. Any other interest out there in me doin one up with the chrome?

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
if you don't do a version with trim, i'm sure i could add it myself. shouldn't be too hard.

(famous last words... :rolleyes: )

--rick

edit: (WARNING: impending thread hijack) but i wonder... up above, alfaslot mentioned that you do a good job shortening diecast bodies for resin casting. in your opinion, would you think this old Hot Wheels Plymouth cop car could be shortened for a Tjet? i bought this junker a while back for this purpose, and never got past dissecting it and taking pics for size comparison... i cut up and pasted the pic in MS Paint to see how it would look...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Anything can be shortend. Myself, I try to do what I think others would want. So, I pick cars with really nice detail. Older Matchbox/Hot Wheels don't have the detail I'm looking for. I'm actually very new at this but have been modifing slot cars since 1970.

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
I think you're doing a great job at it. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm still procrastinating the resin purchase. Until I can successfully master one project I don't dare venture into another. The little bit of resin tinkering I have attempted was a waste of time and money. Not any fault of the product, small parts with clear resin just don't take to curing properly..

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have an uncut 58 from the "graffiti" diorama. Wow, shortened? Good looking car body you have there. Here is how it started. It is a #144. Great work. David

1 - 20 of 31 Posts