Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
HO display...

I have several Giovanni Plastics (Acrylic) display cases in my race room.

48ct, 30ct, 108ct, and "dragster" cases that hold as many as 120 cars.

Giovanni may or may not exist now but I noticed that cases that look almsot identical are being sold by a company called Carney Plastics in the same general area in Ohio.

Pull them up and take a look. Not the most inexpensive way to display cars but the cases are fantastic and you can really put a nice display together.

I am not a big fan of the "compartment" cases that keep the cars in a little square. I like the open shelf versions that allow me to put longer cars in, display on a diagonal, even disply the Tomy Japanese smaller boxes and narrower AFX jewel cubes...

I won't by anything less.

-Marc and Marcus

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Cases

I have several of the giovanni cases, 4 of the 108's, 2 of the 72's and a couple of the 30's. I've always thought that the quality was the best, not that other ones were bad.
The contact info I have for Giovanni Plastics is a few years old & can't say if it's anygood, but here it is:
Phone 330-775-5855
Fax 330-750-9006
and 1-800-547-4227
www.giovanniplastics.com
337 Elm Street
Struthers, Ohio 44471

Just picked up a flier for Carney plastics, inc this past weekend.
phone 800-372-6688
Fax 330-746-8276
www.carneyplastics.com
1010 W. Rayen Ave.
Youngstown, Ohio 44502

Good luck, hope this helps. ;)....I just tried the giovanni link and it went right to carney.!!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Giovanni may or may not exist now but I noticed that cases that look almsot identical are being sold by a company called Carney Plastics in the same general area in Ohio.
Yeah, Carney bought out Giovanni a couple of years ago. The product lines have been merged. The Carney 108 car case is slightly different than the Giovanni design, it has two locks instead of one, and the mounting hole placement is different. Otherwise, they are the same, same spacing, same construction, etc. I had a number of the Giovanni cases and needed more (who doesn't?). I wanted to mount them side by side with my existing cases and the TM wanted them all to look exactly the same - an OCD thing I guess. Carney made me up a batch that matched the Giovanni design at no additional cost. Good company to work with. They will do custom work too, so if you don't see exactly what you are looking for, contact them and talk to one of the designers and see what they can do for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.