Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GreenLight is proud to announce the lineup and show you some artwork for our new series, Hitch & Tow. This is all 1:64 and features 6 new tools:

- 2014 Ram 1500 Sport
- Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
- Airstream Bambi 16'
- Closed car hauler trailer
- Open car hauler trailer
- Closed cargo hauler trailer

I'm extremely excited to finally be able to show these to everyone. The test shots should be here in just a few weeks. I've attached the group art but you can see more here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/glcollectibles/sets/72157645038957163/

Thanks,

Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome cross section of trailerdom.
A little something for just about everyone.

Question, will the enclosed trailers - or even the Bambi, have opening features?

www.nongmoproject.org
Great question. The open hauler will have movable ramps and the closed hauler will have an opening and closing door so you can store your green machines in it for safe keeping. :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hitch and Tow series 1

Matt,

Will the NEW Greenlight Dodge pickup be a 2014 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Crew Cab 4WD or a Heavy Duty 2500-3500?

Will the hitch on the trailer be compatable with the height of the ERTL trucks?

What other car trailers are in the works?

Thanks,

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Matt,

Will the NEW Greenlight Dodge pickup be a 2014 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Crew Cab 4WD or a Heavy Duty 2500-3500?

Will the hitch on the trailer be compatable with the height of the ERTL trucks?

What other car trailers are in the works?

Thanks,
Hi Dave,

To be honest, I have no idea if it will be compatible with Ertl items. That's not something we really take into consideration when designing the items. Our main goal is to make them all true to scale and as accurate as possible while still maintaining strength and not have them too fragile.

As far as other cars and trailers, once we have them, I'll be sure to post them here on Hobbytalk.

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Hi Dave,

To be honest, I have no idea if it will be compatible with Ertl items. That's not something we really take into consideration when designing the items. Our main goal is to make them all true to scale and as accurate as possible while still maintaining strength and not have them too fragile.

As far as other cars and trailers, once we have them, I'll be sure to post them here on Hobbytalk.

Thanks,

Matt
I'm also concerned about this. I hope they work with the ERTL trucks, since that is what most of us have on our farm dios.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm also concerned about this. I hope they work with the ERTL trucks, since that is what most of us have on our farm dios.

Here's test shots from Thunted:

http://t-hunted.blogspot.com/2014/06/a-inedita-dodge-ram-1500-da-greenlight.html

From what I see it's a 1500 Quad Cab short bed, so it will be smaller than the Ertl HD 2500 Quad Cab Long Bed, but otherwise it's very close to size. I can see that the Greenlight version can go though several different versions from base Tradesman trim to Laramie Longhorn (note the differences in bumpers in plastic from the metal body). Also the hood opens and might have different tools for stock and Challenger-style scoops (shown in test shot), not to mention the rear bed cap as well.

The first release calls for a 1500 Sport in metallic red.

As for the hitch, Greenlight will use a realistic ball hitch, just like the 1:1 version. From what I've seen the Ertl hitches are larger, so they might not fit the smaller Greenlight hitch, but still there's a way to marry the two just as long as both vehicle and trailer are stationary.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Those are the same test shots that Greenlight has posted on under the hood. The truck looks pretty good. Might have to 3D print some adapter for the trailers to an ERTL truck.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hitch & Tow series

Matt,

I do have to say the test shots make the Dodge look good.

More Trucks Please.

I also hope a Chevy Dually is also on your list.

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
The cargo haulers looks better than I expected, the rooftop AC unit and rivets are a nice touch.
The Ram pickup looks like something from Maisto on an off day, though the Wrangler looks pretty accurate.
I was hoping the Airstream Bambi would have had more of an unpainted and polished finish, being metal.
Silver paint cheapens it up, and makes it look like plastic.

www.nongmoproject.org

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
My question concerns the '67 Impala tow car . Being an Impala Sport Hdtp Sedan , I doubt it would come from the factory with dog dish wheels . Hopefully this will be corrected before production & all chrome wheels or a full hubcap type wheel is put on it ... Now if it was a Biscayne or BelAir sedan , the Dog Dish wheels would be more correct ...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts