Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANKS for the comments- the grass is from a mat made by Busch and the bushes are Woodland Scenics clump foilage- i usually get that stuff from model railroad supply sites like discount trains online, model train stuff, internet model trains etc. there is a list of suppliers/ resources here: 1stPix FAQ

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I love dioramas! They're always interesting, and I love being able to see things from another persons' point of view. This is cool, lot's to see. Thanks for sharing this, it brings back a lot of fond childhood memories.

~ Chris​

·
Registered
646 Posts
This is simply fantastic, when I was modeling trolleys and interurban's some people I was out of touch with reality until I had photos of the real thing that was running in their own town around 1900, but who ever coincided modeling the highway system, this is a great project keep us posted on future work. Karl

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On MY (1/64) Highway UPDATE

It's been tough keeping up with all the recent additions being added to the 1stPix dioramas- and lately i've been trying to concentrate on the all new city and build some more off-road layouts...

but, here's a few more everyday shots from MY highway:

Road Work: Just another everyday Delay... by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Traffic Cam: Canyon Park Extension by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

WIDE LOAD on the Interstate by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Almost Home by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Dial #626 for Roadside Assistance by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Classic Memories on the Overpass by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

You're going the WRONG WAY!! (Part 2 of 5) by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Thanks for visitin' and DON'T Drive Angry!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Car carriers..

I saw a few car carriers here. Nice one with the classics. Do you have any that are classic? I'd love to put one or 2 on my layout, but they're either too old without enough detail, or too small, like the newer yellow Hotwheels. Seems like these and busses are left out, at least where I've been looking..

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
DON'T DRIVE ANGRY!!!! I'll agree with that!! :thumbsup: Too many A-holes around here to begin with! What used to be two lane roads have evolved into eight lane highways here.

I love the lighting, and camera quality of you photos! The broken down Mustang with the tow truck is cute. I like the gridlock look that this has. It reminds of the hot afternoons going from the north end of town to the south where I live with no air conditioning in a '78 Chevy Monte Carlo that used to be my grandmothers'. She loved that car - I hated it!! It would die every time I turned a corner, or stepped on the gas until it got hot enough for the oil to circulate! It almost cost me my life when it was destroyed by a speeding teen punk from another city that was in a hell fire hurry to get home two days before thanksgiving of '98. I still have dreams about that car from time to time. :rolleyes:

~ Chris​

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
THANKS 4 all the comments and compliments...

as far as 'classic' car carriers go- M2 machines has just released some within the last 6 months or so. (about $16 each) i've seen 'em at wally's etc, and of course online... i have two of 'em, but no pix right now.

Don't Drive Angry is a favorite slogan of mine- it's from a great movie...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Don't Drive Angry is a favorite slogan of mine- it's from a great movie...
I understand, brother. I was just reiterating what you've already said. I agree completely! I've seen, and even done some really stupid things in traffic myself when driving angry because someone elses stupidity enrages me!

~ Chris​

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 25 Posts