Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year, everybody! Anybody have any idea how all of the High Impact Muscle 5 car sets ended up in Canada???? My currrent "Holy Grail" is to get all 5 WL in this set. Grabbed the GTO months ago but since then the bay has been barren. Til about two weeks ago. In the last 10 days I've managed to snag the Mustang, Camaro and SuperBee (got outbid on the 442 convertible :cry: ) and every one of them is from different sellers somewhere in Canada. There's also a bunch of sets with no whites listed.......all in Canada. Never saw a single one in stores and had to order my first set from an OLD. ?????????????????????? :wave:

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
They hit the Walmarts in mass quanity in Canada about 2 weeks ago. From what I heard some stores put out 12 cases or more.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Puppycat said:
They hit the Walmarts in mass quanity in Canada about 2 weeks ago. From what I heard some stores put out 12 cases or more.
Jeepers Pup, why Canada??? The boat from China musta took a wrong turn on the St. Lawrence........ :tongue:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Don't know why but the vast majority of the Big Boats 5 packs and 1/24 scale Marvel cars went there as well. Must have been a clearance deal since they were priced well below suggested retail price.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Around my parts, the high impact muscle and spoilers sets showed up at a few Wmarts...priced at about $4.99....heck, the single cars licensed stuff (ie monopoly, coke, etc) go for that price. I haven't seen any big boats sets however.

·
0 Posts
The Big Boat sets showed up at the local WM on the weekend - $4.94 Canadian per set of 5. It sure beats WM's only other JL offerings, the Poker Release 1 cars ($4.92 each :freak: ).

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
1A62 said:
The Big Boat sets showed up at the local WM on the weekend - $4.94 Canadian per set of 5. It sure beats WM's only other JL offerings, the Poker Release 1 cars ($4.92 each :freak: ).
Cool, i'll be right over! LOL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts