Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and i'm addicted.... to 1/64 scale cars. I'm pretty new to this forum so I figured I'd introduce myself and share some of the cars I've been customizing lately. I started out collecting about mid month last December and I've been stuck on it ever since. More recently I've started customizing some of my duplicate cars. I started out collecting cars on the cards and since I've also started a loose collection and have accumulate quite a few duplicates. Here's a few that I've done.

This is a Matchbox caddy that I put some white walls on

Here we have a Hot Wheels RX-7 that I swapped the interior and the wheels on

This one is meant to look like my 67 austin mini. The body is a HW hall of fame car with a treasure hunt interior and the wheels I robbed off another car. Looks almost exactly like my real one.

·
Registered
910 Posts
hi dan and welcome to h/t! anything you want to know im sure someone on here will have an answer and they are always friendly! nice job on the customs too that caddy looks sxc with the walls! :wave:

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
welcome to the custom board.
nice job on all of them.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's always good to see more people getting into the customizing game. Those cars look great. And this forum is pretty cool for getting help and tips on how to customize. Hope to see more customs from you.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Hey Dan!!! All of those cars look great. Love the fact that you have created one to look like your car! Hope to see alot more.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome.. This is by far the best Site for Diecast, that is not local to any region or club etc.... and the best of the best Customizers are on this board.... You have the Famous Mr.John (who to me), is one awesome engineer for this hobby...

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Welcome Dan!

Yes, Sir, you are a classic case........... starts with a wheel swap or two, then the glass, then an interior..... then you are detailing. The stripper is brought out next and a repaint and then you start body mods..... You, Sir, are a classic case!

We are here to help.......

My Name is Dip and I am a 13 year customizer!!

Next....

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Hi Dan,

Interesting interest you got there. Mini Cooper huh? Kind of got a bit of a masochistic streak do ya? :thumbsup: I've had BMC's siince 1970. 1275 Midgets; that actually run. Well...One drive train and several bodies. :cool: The AH 100/4's and the Bugeye hope to run one day. Love the Mini but hate working on 'em. Like a motorcycle. To get to the bottom you gotta take it ALL apart. But the little suckers scoot! Nice wheel choice on the Caddy BTW. Yeah...Looking at the stuff here will make you want to cut your stuff up. :drunk: Might as well get you a Dremel, jeweler's saw, files, aircraft stripper, Krazy Glue, J&B KWIK, sandpaper (several grades) some rattle cans if you don't already have an airbrush and clean out a room. :rolleyes: Yeah...A whole room. "Welcome to the dark side Luke." :wave:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts