Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've mostly posted on the Johnny Lightning board, but you'll see me posting here more often...

I have quite a few diecast that I've worked on, but when I try to upload the pics to the thread, I get ERROR...exceeded KB. Is there a way that I can "downsize" the file(s) so I can add my pics?

Thanks. Please see my site: www.carsbyrick.com.
Rick

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Try cropping your pics with some photo editing software. If that doesn't work, try the link in the top right corner where it says "Photoalbum". Just sign in and upload the pics to your own personal gallery. The limit on the album is a little bigger(100K) than the attachments(49K?).

Oh, and make sure your camera is set to the lowest resolution setting so you can reduce the file size.

·
7,461 Posts
Rick, your pest bet is not to upload them, link them directly to your site... by using the img tag..

Start the tag by putting brackets [ ] around img then past the link to your picture on your site, then close the tag by putting brackets [ ] around /img.

If that don't make sense, it's the only way to explain it and get it to show.

To make it easy for you, click the Post Reply button, then click the yellow picture icon and past the url to the pic in the prompt, and you can display the pic.

·
7,461 Posts
or try this... substitute the {} brackets for the [] brackets and put it in a post..

{img}http://www.carsbyrick.com/carimages/31Cadillac-b507.jpg{/img}

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The pics I'm posting aren't from my site, rather they are pics more recently taken, and I have no idea how to "crop" them for the boards.

Rick

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Cropping an image is just the process of removing the excess picture, like maybe the unneeded background. I don't know what to tell ya, besides just to doodle with whatever editing software you have. If you do have some kind of picture editer, try right clicking on the image and see if there's an "edit" option. Then go from there...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts