Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lost our shed and more roof but we are all ok mother nature is trying i think so wittle down my collection but again i managed to have most in plastic tubs so its ok. just gotta replace a few 10th anniversarys so i consider us lucky and im already on a waiting list for a new roof. so manny homes here damaged between the 2 storms will be months with tarps over our roofs. most of our are again without power but this time ours came back after we got back home.
can u belive it weather channel says we may get a 3rd huricane next weekend this must be a bad dream.
water everywhere here to 9 more inches of rain with this one just emptyed my rain gauge.
thanks for all your prayes
god bless
steve45fla

R

·
0 Posts
glad you're ok, waiting to hear from owl, he was under the eye this time

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I'm also glad you and your family are ok,Steve.
Thank God your additional damage was minimal.

I'm guessin Owl faired ok because the storm was downgraded to a tropical just as it hit Tampa.
He lives one county away from our new digs.
Hell of a way for my wife to spend her first night/day at our new home

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
That is GREAT NEWS Steve. Hope you place in line for a new roof is not too far into the future. We are putting a double wammie on Ivan for you guys too!
Gill

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Careful that those plastic tubs don't float away with all that rain! Only kidding, Glad you and the family are OK, Hope that this third hurricane dies out or goes elsewhere (out to sea) Hope things get back to normal real soon!

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
Still battling it out with this friggin storm... I lost a few trees yesterday, but seems like the tougher winds waited 'til this morning to start kicking on my door. We have tornadoes here and there, but none on top of me yet. I thought the eye passing over would be bad, but it was a pussycat next to this crap we're getting right now. At least the power is on again, for a while.

My gardens are a mess, with debris in them. And shingles, too. It's picking up again so I'm gonna hop offline and get back to business.

Screw Ivan.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
My thoughts and prayers go out to all the people of Flordia.

I have some older Aunts and Uncles that have evacuated,they are fine but they have no idea how their houses fared...yet.

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
glad you made it again,,,,it looks like their is a possibility of one more. so continue to be ready for more.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts