Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all first off happy newyear. i was wondering if any one knows how to scratch build or any tips on building dealer ship for hotwheels\green light size vec. i looked on the web only found a few sites none of them gave details, i thought of useing ho scale building but i am not very good at building models. so figer this is bestplace to ask. so if any one can help me out

thanks

happy new year

david

·
Registered
995 Posts
WOW! Those are way out of my price range for buildings...I guess I'll stick with the old shoebox and markers for my cars....

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i saw some of them on markstoy box they look awsome. but i am clueless on how to start. can you give directions how to build a dealership?,buildings like on your layout?

thanks for evry one tips\help

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Is this a mix of 1:64 people and HO Scale? The folks in front of the popcorn machine look both scales. Oh, and did I mention the fact the you even HAVE a pop corn machine? LOL!

·
Registered
365 Posts
There are plenty of sources for materials and supplies- you just have to shop around. I've never bought or sold anything on ebay though. It all depends on what you want to focus on and your budget. You can make a lot of stuff cheap- using wood or MDF with stuff from craft and hobby stores. At least 1/2 of my stuff is scratch-built. Since my layout is so large I try to keep it simple, and concentrate on the "little" details. I do use a lot of smaller railroad/ diorama/ scenery details to make it realistic.

I tend to focus on the sales lot in my dealerships... afterall, the diecast are the star of the show. All my larger dealer set-ups (8 foot long x 30 inches wide) also have some street in the foreground with the "building", which is just a false front in most cases, as part of the background.

I don't really have a "how-to" section on 1stPix; I'm no expert, and what works for me may not work for someone else. If you're looking for advice, 1 thing I definitely would recommend is to start small and experiment with what you want to do, not to mention how to do it, before you start spending a lot of money on stuff.

You can get some great ideas from the pix above, as well as the diorama and customizing sections here on Hobby Talk.

Chevy GMC Hummer Dealership

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
any one know what happen to marks toybox? the site? yahoo group? i dont see him on ebay just wondering if any one knows him and if he is ok and every thing?

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Looking at all of these pictures really makes me want to build something again! I had a dio built around a train set on a piece of probably...6' x 5' piece of plywood set up in our basement. But...then once I hit high school I turned the room that it was in into my current room. Doh!

·
Registered
409 Posts

Here's a couple of sites for more Ideas...

www.diecastfun.4t.com

www.markstoybox.4mg.com

Good Luck !!!

Site available.
The subdomain markstoybox.4mg.com is available. Use the link on the right to sign up for your FREE Web site

Anyone know what happend here? Looks like he is selling off all of his diorama and diecast?????? All his web places are dead. Sad to see such a valuble resource for ideas and products disapear.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i was very suprice he had a amazing layout. i hope every thing is ok i didint know him personaliy but he seem all ways to be a cool guy answer any one questions. i hope all is well. i went to his yahoo group its gone.
if any one has any info,knows him tell him hope all is well

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
That's really strange about Mark...

I did know him well over the last 8 years or so... Did alot of exchanging ideas, dio pieces, pictures and information... I'm gonna do the best I can to find him... I still have his phone and address somewhere, I'll get on the ball !!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i only e-mailed him a few times i thought he had a awsome yahoo group exchange some ideas with him and tips. i check his ebay its gone none of his customs are on ebay
it just strange out of the blue vanish

·
Registered
290 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts