Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deceptive Trader - Hfinger

Recently bought a car from Hfinger that was advertised as "Brand New". Upon receipt of the car, it was clear this car was far from brand new. The chassis was homemade and the battery tray was so jagged hand-cut that is was riduculous. The t-bar in the car was also warped and there was a stripped screw hole in the rear pod plate and the axle was cocked in the rear pod because of non-matching ride height adjusters.

If you deal with Hfinger make sure you know what you are getting....this car was no-where near what he advertised. It's worth a good deal less than I paid for it, and if I had known what the car was really like, I probably wouldn't have bought it.

See Hfinger's original post below....

Sk Modified Brand New !!! 4 Sale
BRAND NEW SK MOD COMES WITH FUTABA STEERING SERVO MOUNTED ON CHASSIS . EVERYTHING IS BRAND NEW EXCEPT TIRES . $ 100.00 FIRM

·
Registered
530 Posts
why should he even have to make a return if you held up to your end of the bargain and sold him the item you described, not some beat up car. just a thought :)

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
this matter has nothing to do with me..but as someone who almost Bid on that item...
You described the car as New...And now Im hearing it has a " Homemade Chassis"
I would have been pissed....Im also sure this will affect the sales of your other items.....Describing a Car as new one would expect it to have all the original parts and NO HOMEMADE CHASSIS...I would think this would call for an immediate refund

·
Registered
711 Posts
I wish I would have found this thread a little sooner. I surely would have asked a few more questions if I had. I agreed to buy a RC10L4 from Herb (hfinger). Only problem was it wasn't an L4. It was an L3 with a slider chassis. So now I have an old outdated L3 instead of a L4 like I wanted. It has none of the updated parts that the L4 comes with. I emailed him yesterday but have not heard back from him. I feel like Herb misrepresented his item. I am just glad some kid didn't save up his birthday money to buy this junk.

·
Registered
711 Posts
The fact of the matter is you advertised a L4 for sale. What I got was an L3 plain and simple. Most of the parts you sent are outdated. I don't have the best PC so the pics you sent didn't come out to well. But hey I figured I would take your word for it. An L4 is an L4 right? Not if you deal with ol Herb here. He will sell you an L4 but send you an old outdated L3. Thanks for nothing. I already GAVE the car to a local kid who wants to get started in oval. I would have felt bad selling it to him. After all it wasn't worth much.

Buyer beware! Herb will sell you one thing and send you another. He is deceptive in his descriptions of the items he is selling.

If I want an apple, and I buy an apple, don't send me a frigin orange!

·
Registered
711 Posts
What is your name Mr. Get er' done? Speaking of hiding behind screen names. I have no problem with you posting my name. By the way my last name is Ouellette. If you want my address you can have that also. What I have for RC gear really has nothing to do with this. I have a bunch of RC car so I really don't know what cars of mine you are talking about, nor do I care. He advertised one thing and I got something different. Then didn't reply to my email message concerning the matter. This is the next step when you feel like you had a bad deal. If he is honest in his item listings he shouldn't have a problem with his name being posted.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Now I know that I really have nothing to do with this thread, but I think that it is always funny how when somebody is getting called out for selling junk and advertising it as the best thing out there, there is always a "new screen name" to stick up for that person!! Just my .02. Nate

·
Registered
260 Posts
Don't you think someone with 300+ deals would have more than 96 posts since Dec. 2001. Hmmm. Hate to see people get scammed.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Jammin J said:
Deceptive Trader - Hfinger

Recently bought a car from Hfinger that was advertised as "Brand New". Upon receipt of the car, it was clear this car was far from brand new. The chassis was homemade and the battery tray was so jagged hand-cut that is was riduculous. The t-bar in the car was also warped and there was a stripped screw hole in the rear pod plate and the axle was cocked in the rear pod because of non-matching ride height adjusters.

If you deal with Hfinger make sure you know what you are getting....this car was no-where near what he advertised. It's worth a good deal less than I paid for it, and if I had known what the car was really like, I probably wouldn't have bought it.

See Hfinger's original post below....

Sk Modified Brand New !!! 4 Sale
BRAND NEW SK MOD COMES WITH FUTABA STEERING SERVO MOUNTED ON CHASSIS . EVERYTHING IS BRAND NEW EXCEPT TIRES . $ 100.00 FIRM
Jammin, I bought one of those kits new at the hobby shop and who ever put it together must have been drinking or wasn't paying attention to what they were doing. The pod plates were upside down the a-arms were on the wrong side. I ended up taking it all apart and rebuilding it before it was racible.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Im just surprised that the only 2 posts by geterdone is to the rescue of Hfinger...also Hfinger has stopped making posts and geterdone continues

I wonder if the moderator can see if both has the same ISP #......Wonder if both are the same person....:rolleyes:
Also....Im Sure Brando is pissed because he was expecting all the stuff you get with an L4.....(Blue IRS Castor Blocks/ IRS Pod Plates ect....) Sounds like he got a plain L3 with a L4 chassis....no other upgrades....The post was placed
as L4 in Mint shape......I would have also expected what Brando thought he was getting......I dont blame him for being pissed

Hope this all gets resolved.........Good Luck

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Hmmm, hfinger and geterdone type the same, talk the same and are from the same area. LOL! I would bet they are the same no good guy.

Tony

1 - 20 of 29 Posts