Wow, if anyone see's me, let me know I'm lookin' for me 'eh? :cool:

I'll explain more later an stuff....

:dude:
Copyright 1971

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to tank e'eryone for the pm's an for the warm welcome back. It's nice to know I was miss'd an thought 'bout.
As far as what happen'd, one or two day's after mine last post, I was ridin' with a buddy from work in his car, a VW Jetta, we were goin' to his place, kinda out in the boonie's, two lane pretty much straight, no street light's. Clickin' 'bout 80... A deer jump'd into the road infront of us, he swerv'd, clip'd it, spun us into a tree sideway's, that's all I remember, but I was told later that we bounc'd away from the tree an roll'd a few time's.
I woke up 'bout 2.5 month's later. His funeral had come an gone by that time.
I spent a couple more month's in the hospital. I was pretty, insert you'r fav bad word to describe stuff here, an it took a while to do normal day to day thing's. I have mov'd, I'm back to work, back online. I've been way outta the collectin' loop an as far as custom's, I've still got the supply's an the car's I was gonna use, but no where to do them now. No more garage, an jus' a two bedroom duplex.
I know I had car's I was suppos'd to do for other people, that I 'ave no clue 'bout at all now, an I'm not e'en sure if I was in the process 'o a trade or not.
I'm really bumm'd I miss'd out on the charity custom gig, but from what I've read, it went pretty groovy.
I'll be able to drop in now an then, prob work back up to bein' 'ere a lot more.
I really miss custom's. I start'd readin' in 'ere 'bout an watchin' an try'd it an got 'ook'd.
An 'gain, tank's guy's. :)

Got any coffee???
Copyright 1971

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Welcome back! I can't even imagine what you've been through. But know you were missed. Now clean off that kitchen table and get busy customizing!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tank's man. :) It's groovy jus' to be 'ere.

69Stang said:
Now clean off that kitchen table and get busy customizing!
I'm tinkin' the 'ole lady would poop a brick if I start'd spray paintin' at the table. :)

Got any coffee?
Copyright 1971

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Glad to see you back! And glad to hear you came through all that all right! Sorry to hear about the other guy; I guess you just don't know when your time is up until its too late. My sympathies to his family and I hope you can get back to a normal life.

I imagine she wouldn't mind about the table too much if you put down some newspaper first. After all, overspray just adds character to furniture. ;)

1up

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Dude502 said:
Tank's man. :)

If I paint the table, can I tell 'er it's a new table?
Duuuude! Abstract artwork in progress. :thumbsup:

Man....Sorry to hear about the ride. Even sorrier to hear about your friend. Good ones are hard to come by. I've lost three this year myself. Miss the hell out of 'em. Even if you didn't see 'em but once a year its comforting to know they are around.

Glad to hear you are up and about. Everyone's been asking where you been. We've missed that sparkling wit and obsession with sparks. Don't be a stranger.

We have the same "deer problem" around our kneck of the woods. I'm not a hunter though I don't mind them. I'm not a wuss. I'd have no problem capping a B&E at my house or yours and I'd sleep good that night. But a jerk like that knows what he's doing. Not like a dumb animal. If a burgler has the nads to B&E my house I'd assume he'd better have the nads to draw down. Now that's sport!!! But anyway a hunter buddy of mine made the brilliant statement one day (Use a Billy Bob accent here.) "Ya'know there's alot more deer around than they used to be." I said, "You stupid DA, There ain't more deer there is just less habitat." They've clear cut just about every tract of land around me. The county keeps raising my property tax in hopes I'll sell my little 70 acres. SCREW 'EM! My hard woods are staying. But roads and even straight-a-ways I used to rip down at 100+ mph in my MG 25 years ago, I'm hesitant to navigate at the speed limit anymore cause you don't know when five deer are going to jump out in front of you. My old lady and I were coming up a 1.5 mile straight behind my house back in October. She said "Deer at 9:00." (we use the clock method to identify direction) I looked over and she was running with us. But when I looked back to the road there was four more does that just magically appeared standing in the middle of the road. The four 30' black marks are still on the road today. Flat spotted four brand new tires and had to bump all the way to DC the next day on them to attend a funeral of a friend at Arllington.

I've thought about putting a set of those deer whistlers on the front of my cars but never think about it when I'm in the stores. How do you know if they work? If they do there ain't no deer around to test them on. :confused:

Anyways good to have you back.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
ClearHooter said:
I've thought about putting a set of those deer whistlers on the front of my cars but never think about it when I'm in the stores. How do you know if they work? If they do there ain't no deer around to test them on. :confused:
I have had those deer whistles on and have still nearly hit a bunch of deer (they are pretty common around here). Usually, if I see a deer in the road, I honk and that seems to get them moving. It has kept me from hitting more than 1 of them, although it could spook others out into the road, but I hope that doesn't happen.

Sorry to get off topic, just thought I would add that.

1up

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Dude!
Welcome back,
Where were you going on a 2 lane dooing 80? In this state?
Shoot it must've been really early morning, eh?
Sorry about your friend and glad to hear you're alright.
Richard

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Glad to see you posting again, but sorry to hear about what happened and the loss of you're friend. I just had a close friend of 32 years pass away 2 weeks ago at 51.

Glad to hear that you're on the mend, and looking forward to your post, and in time, your customs. Just keep taking it a day at a time.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We were out near grahmn, pretty ealry in the morn, an he drove fast like I do. :)

Tank's, an I really mean tank's e'eryone. I've miss'd bein' 'round an it's way groovy to be back an to 'ear what ya'll are sayin'. :cool:

Got any coffee?
Copyright 1970

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
WELCOME BACK bro,sorry to hear about yer friend and the car accident.just glad yer ok an back on the ht bus ttfn johnny :thumbsup: :cool:

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kadman said:
glad yer ok an back on the ht bus ttfn johnny :thumbsup: :cool:
Would that bey the Redneck Baja Custom Skool bus?? :)

Tank's bud.

Anyone seen Mr. Roto??
Copyright 1971

1 - 20 of 39 Posts