Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were 8 on the shelf, 4 of each, and at least two of each set had cars that had fallen apart, as in base was attached to box, body was floating around in box, never seen gl do that before.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe i'm confused, but these weren't made in mexico or canada, so i don't think china is in the NORTH AMERICAN TRADE AGREEMENT...Think before you post.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Mexico, China, so what?
The point is, it's still foriegn labor that should be American jobs.
Someday we will just have to stop buying ALL foriegn goods if we want to save the US from becoming a third world country.:(

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, let's move greenlight to america, since american workers dont do 45 cents a day, and insurance and all the other required things, your 5 dollar greenlight, just became 17 dollars and unaffordable to the common masses, as you yourself wouldn't pay 17 for a hot pursuit, once again, think before you post.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
The Chinese are probably far better than us now in the art of mass production. Kyosho diecast made in China....flawless. How many people complain about defective I-pads? If there are issues with GL product than I would question their QA process.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Back to broken down VWs!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
520 Posts
If there are issues with GL product than I would question their QA process.
It may be the packaging that is to blame too - not secure enough for protection during shipment? I'd say it would only be an issue if ALL these VW box sets are coming through with loose bodies. Probably just a case that got knocked around more than usual that the OP saw...

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They looked as if the hadn't been riveted, funny, i went to take pics today, and the sbroken sets had been bought, maybe an error collector.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I'm with Intrepid!
It's a false assumption that if things were made in America again, they would suddenly have to charge X times more for the stuff to turn a profit. If you'll notice, foreign labor enables many "American" companies to not only survive, but also report record high profits in a recession. Foreign manufacturing is not a survival tactic, it's a cop out.

We're just spoiled with low prices, the way manufacturers who don't make anything themselves are spoiled with having products made for them by foreigners for pennies on the dollar. Something has to give, and it's usually the quality.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And explain to me just how we will as the poster noted stop ALL foreign dependence..say goodbye to oil and gas, say goodbye to most household products,say goodbye to most cars, say good bye to cellphones, computers...

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Start by minimizing dependence. Get some pride man, we don't have to say goodbye to any of the things you mentioned, but rather learn, or re-learn how to produce them ourselves. In the cute little global economy we have today, complete independence would probably not happen for any nation. But strengthening export of renewable resources, and minimizing dependence on foreign goods and labor to where it doesn't chip away at our own fabric should be the goal. The U.S. may be teeming with useless hipsters, but this country is not an infertile wasteland by a long shot, remember?

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Get some pride, you have no idea..i'm simply stating that without America making these things, and they won't any time soon, we will continue to be dependent, and we can't minimize our dependence without first giving up our oil dependence to the OPEC cabal. And with America, to do what has been discussed, we would basically need to have a second industrial revolution.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Everybody says they're a proud American when they're on the spot, but that's only lip service if we don't incorporate that pride into our personal decisions, which in turn have an effect on the greater landscape. Dependence on foreign oil is insufficient reasoning for not producing an article of clothing, a common household item, or something as small as a toy car on one's own turf.

If anything, that dependency should spur in-dependence in every other way possible. A new American industrial revolution needs to occur indeed. But I don't wait for it to happen personally. I support American manufacturing as a consumer whenever I can. I actively seek it out, and don't care if it costs more.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
but buy foreign made tiny cars....and on the spot, i've been proud of my country since i knew what that was, where's your american flag tattoos, or your 9/11 tattoos, so if you are saying i'm giving lip service, my body permanently says DIFFERENT.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I'm well aware that those little cars are foreign, and everyone on here buys them. But you know I would prefer a domestic option, that's what this is about. I'm not into skin art, but if I had a tat of Old Glory on my forehead, and Mount Rushmore on my behind, it wouldn't make me more of an American while I buy foreign made tiny cars, ink is only ink. If I didn't know better Craig, I'd say you're looking for reasons why we shouldn't make anything anymore.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
well, you said you know better...ok, let me take a breath and see if i can explain this..I believe that America has gone way to far into laziness, why make it here, when that takes effort, just fax an order to China, want cell phones made here, why, the koreans already make them..want a giant tv on your wall, sorry, we don't make those here..but the chinese make awesome ones..To get companies to switch here would cut into profit and big pensions for CEO's....and we all know greed overrides national pride..if there was one little company that made 2 models a year of tiny car, i would gladly buy them, find me an american made phone, gladly buy it..but until corporate America decides to cut into the bottom line, why disrupt the complacency....

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
but until corporate America decides to cut into the bottom line, why disrupt the complacency....
I hope that was sarcasm. Do you mean until corporate America makes it cheap and easy for you to buy domestic products? I don't think that will happen until it's cheaper for them, and the public have to demand it. Because you know they don't want to upset their own status quo. American industry has gotten used to operating with a reduced workforce, and they kinda like it. There is no doubt America has fallen into laziness, offensively and defensively, so why not disrupt the complacency? If you don't, you find that there is no bottom to how low it can go. Perhaps even lower than your comfortable with. It's our duty and hard won right as Americans to strive for the best, ethically and otherwise. To care for the condition of your country, like you care for your own home.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts