Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
His description of the body would make me run away if I'd been interested. It's quite obviously one of those you restore because you love '72 Imperials, not for "investment potential."

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Awesome find, Flaps.

Lum you could paint it black and have twin Pimperials or weld 'em together for one incredible Fewsolarge...

:wave:

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I didn't read all of the description, but just based on what it is - if I had the money I would love to have that car. YOu can't beat those old Imperials. They're in a class all of their own. Even my poor unrestored 68 Plymouth Fury gets all kinds of thumbs up wherever I go with it.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even my poor unrestored 68 Plymouth Fury gets all kinds of thumbs up wherever I go with it.
That's great. I think the motoring public is starved for style, even the non-car people who don't really think about it. When even a humble old Plymouth can grab people's attention because it's so different from what they're used to seeing. And they view it as special just because of that. When people look with interest, and not even because a car looks expensive. I like that.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Uhg! What a nightmare, those coastal FL cars sure do get rusty in the roof. Not an easy fix.

Those hubcaps on that vintage Imps are so plain looking, that was the first thing to go on mine.
The front and rear is totally different then my '71, but I do like that year. ('72 and '73s were the same)

The chrome looks very good, the body is fairly straight and apparently it's good mechanically. I wouldn't wannit for $2600, but it is very rare as a 2dr, and if someone could handle all that metal work it could be a cool rig.
The fenders skirts are missing and would look much better with them. I'd lower it an inch or 3, dye the top white to make the lines flow better, and do something cool with th wheels an tires, the it would be Lummorific!

Thanks for the cool thread FF!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts