Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little disoriented and confused just now; my dad passed away just a few hours ago. He was 80 and I always looked up to him as my "hero". I guess I'm just in a lot of shock but I'm not sure if I'm gonna be the same without him. You try and prepare yourself for that fateful day, but no matter how much you prepare, it still hits you like a train!

I thought I was strong, but now I'm feelin' like the 90-pound-weakling.

-Rick

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Sorry for your LOSS.
Dad's mean a lot no matter how old we get.
My fiance's Dad and Mom died a year ago last July. one on the 5th and they other on the 25. It was very rough for us both.
I wish you well.
Richard

·
Registered
764 Posts
Sorry for your loss
I know how you feel Rick.
I lost my dad 3 years ago last week, and I still miss him LOTS.
The thing that gets me through the rough times is knowing he's in a much better place.
It will get easier, just remember the good times. It worked for me.

Take care and God bless

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
sorry for your loss. i lost my mom in 2006. and my dad in 2008.
it hurts. and theres not a day i don't think about them.
keep him in your heart and celebrate the life you and your dad had together.
time will heal the loss and when you pick up something he owned it will bring a smile.

take care and god bless you and your family.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Wow, Sorry to hear the bad news.

Take 1 day at a time and things will get better .... I know this is only words but its true that time moves forward and things do come together as well as family.... Don't look at it as you will never see him as he will always be near you and your family on a daily basis no matter where you are at.

Again I am sorry to here the news.

God Bless

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Sorry for your loss....and I know...

I lost my dad almost 6 years ago.He was 58 when he passed.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Sorry for your loss. My family will keep you and yours in our thoughts and prayers. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through. Heartfelt condolences to you....

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Rick,
I am very sorry to hear of your loss,
prayers will be said for your Father,
and prayers for strength to deal with these times for you and your Family.

Walter

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Ricky, my man, I am so sorry for your loss! I know it hurts, but believe me - the fact that you came here, to this extended family, to share your pain and thoughts, would make your dad KNOW you're a strong man! You got a hug in the bank for next April buddy!!!

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
I really feel for you my friend... My father passed away on Feb. 26th of this year and I still feel a bit of the shock and pain... He was very ill with cancer and COPD... The shock came when I got a phone call from the police who said they needed to talk to me... They came to my job site and told me my father had passed... Then they kept asking me all kinds of questions, and then told me he was found shot to death... 3 times, that was a serious shock... You talk about confusion... The police said he took his own life, but I couldn't understand how you can shoot yourself three times and leave seven holes in yourself... After they showed me I finally accepted it and moved on... You have too... You will never forget because as long as you have the love and memories in your heart, he will live with you for as long as you live...
The very, very best of luck and sympathy to you !!!

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
My condolences to you and your family. I lost my father to cancer in 2001. You will push through this. Be strong for your family. Take care.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts