Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey New here and need some help,

well the other day i got out my 10 year old slot car sets because now i have the room to use them. I went to the shops to get some more track and they have different connectors to the one's i have, mine are like to L's which click together and the shop ones I had never seen before. Will they both click together or am i going to have to get some adapters? if so were can i get them.

Thanks for all your help

Tom

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Tom, do you know what kind of track you have now? That's the first step. The second, once you have that figured out is to check out:

www.hoslotcarracing.com

He has the following types of adapter tracks, you should be covered in there somewhere.

Tomy AFX 3" Aurora Adaptor Pair $5.15
Tomy AFX 3" Life-Like Adaptor Pair $9.75
Tomy AFX 6" Tyco/Mattel Adaptor Pr. $10.75
Tyco/Mattel - Life-Like Adaptor Pr. $9.75

Marty

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep Life-like

My Old ones are life like and the track I want to get is AFX, are tomy and AFX the same thing?, so if I get the adapters it will work for sure?

Tom

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
hey tom

you might want to consider sticking to one type of track or the other. you can usually pick up lifelike track cheap on ebay. i have a ton of it i don’t use, how much did u want/need?

as i recall, the rail height for Tomy and lifelike track are pretty different. that means the optimal tire height/pickup shoe set up for the Tomy part of the track will be different than the optimal tire height/pickup shoe set up for the lifelike track.

mike

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol I want as much track as you can give me, I race AFX cars on Lifelike track, is this a problem? and I would prefer to change to fully AFX because i dont like the connecting system with Lifelike the thing on the end of the track keep breaking off so I am going to gradually change over which is why i need adapters now.

thanks

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts