Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, you know I'm sitting here, and concidering the next Custom Project I want to work on. I have thoughts about how much fun it was in a group of guys with a themed contest for each month.

Would you guys be interested in starting a sort of club. Brag'n rights and a public display of your talent would be the the award.

We could do a monthly theme, and allow the viewers of hobbytalk vote on them for a week.

To Be Determined, JL cars or general diecast 1/64 scale. While this is a JL site, I think everyone enjoys seeing any and all diecast. Let me know guys and lets decide on the first months theme.

Thanks for the ear.. ;)

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
sounds good kk but for the next 2 months im booked very heavy on customs after that i might be able to do a few.
but this is a really good idea i enjoy looking at other peoples customs. later gunn

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
YES !...

Aw heck...why not?
Although my time nowdays is hard to find for this type thing, I would do all I can to help promote something that would/could pep up the board.

What about.....starting one the first part of October, and then post pic entrees around the 24th, winner(s) announced for... Halloween?
Then continue on through the rest of '04

With Fest next month...I am also pretty far behind on my entrees for it.

Props to You for asking.

Jeff Fleetwood

·
Registered
886 Posts
I don't really have time to customize on a regular basis, but I like the idea of being able to post and see pics of people's customs. I do have three customs and a few slightly altered cars, most of which I have already posted pics of in the past. My two most recent completions are the 68 Firebird BWF and the 67 Firebird convertible.
I think a monthly contest would be fun. :wave:

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
HEy

Hey Guys -

I like the idea but I am booked solid right now too - I only get about 20 minutes in the morning to hit the web and cusotms have been out of the picture right now - however, I could jump in as time allows - I do have a couple things working that I think are going to be cool. Hope to bring at least one to FEST.

I might offer, and this by no means is meant to take away from this board but it is a different venue - we could do this on the Hot World Board as it is all about customs - http://pub27.ezboard.com/bhotworldcustomscustomdiecastmessageboard

The folks here at HT some know about it others do not but ALL are welcome. We could invite them over or do the voting here to keep the contest in sync with HT.

Let me know your thoughts???

Good to see some of you cats!!

Dip

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Count me in! I'm starting to get the hang of customizing. I plan on bringing at least one car to Fest for the custom contest. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts