Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Read on 1 Stop Diecast that release 4 of the 2 car sets will feature a set of new '09 GT1 C6R Corvettes. According to his site the following script says "2009 Corvette Racing -2009 Corvette Z06 GT-1 Championship Edition - Yellow / Black & Black / Yellow Versions"

First...HURRAY!!:wave: This makes me happy, keep those road racing machines coming. Here is my questions. First, is this a race car or the limited release road cars Corvette released to celebrate their last GT1 championship?

Second, will you be issuing a new casting or trying to adapt an existing tool from your current lineup for the 2009 GT2 cars?

The previous GT1 cars were a very good, new casting as the car had very little in common with it's street going brothers. And though the new GT2 is closer to a road car, the flares are so distinct that is would have to be a new casting to make it work. I was just wondering if you had planes to replicate this wonderful car.

I do hope you guys will address the wheel width on any new racing Corvette casting you may undertake. While everyone has moaned over wide tire width, the C6R wheels are FAR to narrow!
Make sure you get a roll cage in the next one as well!

Keep up the good work and thanks for any information you might be willing to pass along.

Sincerely,
Ward

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hello Ward,

The cars in question you are mentioning are the Road versions that commemorate the C6.R run of success in the ALMS. These cars, as you have probably seen feature some of the same visual cues as the 2008 C6.R schemes and also have a banner highlighting all the victories that great car had. Specifically, we are doing a Velocity Yellow Z06 with black and silver graphics and a Black C6 convertible with silver and yellow graphics. See the photo here of the available models (courtesy of GM's press release regarding these cars).

Regarding your second question, we have been watching the new GT2 Corvette closely. No announcement at this moment but you never know, we do have some meetings coming up...:)

Thanks,

- Matt

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Matt for your response. I would reall, reall....reall...REALLY...like to see you guys do the new GT2 castings. I am hopping that Corvette Racing will contract for that release.

I'll be looking forward to the upcoming Championship Vette's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts