Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
I miss banked oval as well. Heck even getting to the track! YOur thoughts and opinions count....I often get frustrated....just when there is a lot behind the scenes when trying to make a hobby move forward.

Hang in there!

Kenny B

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I posted this on the brushless side but no response hopefully you can shed some light

Do you guys know if the current brushless systems out there would be ROAR legal for 2005? I am/was running the Novak 4300 with 19t for three races but someone complained so I guess I have to wait plus it doesn't help I am the only one with one.

Basically with the current Roar rules on brushless, which systems would be legal for roar specs when/if submitted.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
left turner,
I don't think brushless was meant to be raced with brushed motors. They have tried here, but when the big motor boys show up, the brushless guys start to squeal. Knowing that the Novak 5800 is supposed to be equal to a 13 or 14 turn motor.

Personally, I would wait until more people in your area gets them. It gets old having to drive a couple hours just to run in a brushless class.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
left turner said:
i was thinking of getting a bushless for stock racing , wich one if any is legal to run with stock class. i know novak has one , but is it legal?(hate to waste the money if i can never use it. )
I raced Novak's 4300 with 19t and was able to keep up the some of the fast guys. I was still trying to find the right gearing but that ended when someone complained. I guess I was getting to close with them LOL I haven't tried with the stock guys but I believe the 4300 is faster than stock. I personally would run a brushless, its faster, smoother, cleaner, no cutting coms, changing brushes, etc. I did try running two battery packs back to back no affect on the motor. Try that on a brushed motor. :p

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
That's why they won't mix. I know alot of people like what brushless offers(zero maintance) but even when more brushless motors and speedo's become available, it will be the same game that stock or mod motors are playing know and who has or will have the fastest stock or mod version. I've heard Orion is working on one, as well as Reedy. I'm sure Hacker is watching to.
They have been running the Novak system here, and don't think it's for the cost conscience racer, because know they are spending money on hotter batteries. So what you may save in lathes, magnet zappers and stuff like that, you spend on batteries.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Just a thaught?

You mentioned that the flat track racers attened the banked tracks more than the banked track racers attened the flat track? Maybe its because banked tracks are more fun and faster than your flat tracks? And thats why more people travel to them?? I dunno, just a thaught. Why dont you just gather all the tracks up and give them a date in which you will award them a nats. Simple, just keep rotating them every year hitting them all!!!!!

Just make Classic first!!! LOL:p

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
K/N speedway in Ct is way over due for a Nat. 1st rate facility with a permanant banked track. If we could just convince chad to bid....

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think that K/N would make a great place for the Nats. I wish Chad would submit a bid for it. Keep in mind that the Ex Com has a policy to rotate the race around the country. 2004 in MA, 2005 in OH....might be a while before it will come back this way.

But it can't hurt to ask.....!!!!!

Regards,
Chris
region 1 director

21 - 31 of 31 Posts