Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dawn I can respect your ideas why would ROAR not listen to the racers that PAy dues to ROAR . The oval crowd is a rough crowd to please but ROAR is getting Dollars from these racers as well as other racing forms ....I have been a roar member off and on for 10plus years .....I have found ROAR to be difficult to say the least ..Lately ROAR has made a couple of bad decisions on the 19turn motor rules and it will cost them members .At least now they have the same rules as ARCOR posted over 2plus years ago ....Good luck on being back in the forukms again ....SRM

·
Registered
158 Posts
Dawn: That's not the situation at all. ROAR opened up forums to assist the membership in answering questions and providing immediate support and it turned into a playground for mean spirited people with amazing keyboard strength.

Please understand, ROAR would love to reopen the forums here and provide support to every person inquiring.... but personally, I'm still bruised over the last beating I took here and I'm not looking forward to reopening these wounds if nobody has learned any respect. But, I'll be here - should Hank open up ROAR forums......

If your the spokesperson for ROAR, then you have to have broad shoulders and a tight ____. Otherwise, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Racers aren't diplomatic, never have been never will be, if you can't handle that, then your in the wrong hobby.

I have to ask you this, when the posts on the other board aren't all sweet and humble, then where do you go??

I have seen JB take some pretty abusive posts, did she answer all of them diplomatically, no, but she answered them. I give her credit taking the abuse she does and she stills keeps posting.

·
ROAR President
534 Posts
SMROCKET said:
Dawn I can respect your ideas why would ROAR not listen to the racers that PAy dues to ROAR . The oval crowd is a rough crowd to please but ROAR is getting Dollars from these racers as well as other racing forms ....I have been a roar member off and on for 10plus years .....I have found ROAR to be difficult to say the least ..Lately ROAR has made a couple of bad decisions on the 19turn motor rules and it will cost them members .At least now they have the same rules as ARCOR posted over 2plus years ago ....Good luck on being back in the forukms again ....SRM
SRM - I completely respect what you are saying... oval racing and the rules for ROAR are continually evolving. Luckily, you have Kenny on the Excomm and he fights (very hard, I must add) to leave things alone and work on what we have already. Personally, I fought to have one set of 19T rules but I was forced to see the light.. (thanks Kenny!). I didn't understand and now I do. Oval is its own class with its own rules and needs to be supported just as fully as on road fuel racing.. (my pet peeve, off road is forgotten, in my opinion) And, things are changing.. I know its hard to see.. but they are. The 19T rules are going to change - with suggestions from the membership.. as it should be. ARCOR rules for 19T are oval based and adopted... those rules stand.

I have been a member since 1996 and yep... I find ROAR difficult as well. The way we do things as a committee is hard to say the least.. this is why we encourage more support from folks like you to join the class committee's and have a real say as to what is going to happen with YOUR racing. I'm just a liasion of sorts.. I relay what I read and hear to the officials in ROAR.

·
ROAR President
534 Posts
If your the spokesperson for ROAR, then you have to have broad shoulders and a tight ____. Otherwise, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Racers aren't diplomatic, never have been never will be, if you can't handle that, then your in the wrong hobby.

Ok, lets discuss your comment to me... you say because you believe racers have no diplomacy, I should just accept whatever they choose to type on their computer and deal with it? You feel I'm in the wrong hobby because I request respect towards me.. no matter what your feeling as I give you respect? Your looped. That's for sure. And, you have no understanding as to who anybody is if you truly believe an excuse like that is going to be considered valid.

I have to ask you this, when the posts on the other board aren't all sweet and humble, then where do you go??

No reason to take abuse from anybody. I left when the forums were closed due to guys out there abusing their keyboard strength. I never left when it got rough... I only requested the discussion be maintained as positively motivated to promote the hobby. If you have issue with this, I would ask you to refrain posting to me as I will not respond. My choice. Ask of me valid questions and state comments that are respectful towards others and you'll receive my respect. I assume you don't care about that.. its ok... but I don't deserve your judgements and you don't deserve judgements from me or anyone else.

Simply stated, be nice. Its not that hard and I know you have the ability.

I have seen JB take some pretty abusive posts, did she answer all of them diplomatically, no, but she answered them. I give her credit taking the abuse she does and she stills keeps posting.

Good for JB! She's a good person with much more strength than I. But, I am not JB. I will always do my best to be respectful - even towards you when you come back to bash me - and I would assume you could learn a thing or two from that.

That's all I have to say. There is no reason to have this forum if the discussions are not postively motivated and do not offend others. People should not be judged because they want to be treated as they treat others.

And that's the end of my "mothering" post. I'll be here to answer questions or find information for you. But, I'll state this.. I'll pick and choose this time what I do respond to... ROAR members deserve some class and that's what they will get.

·
ROAR President
534 Posts
oh, I'm not a "spokesperson" for ROAR - not sure where you got that. I'm the promotions director, holding a position on the Executive Committee. I am held to a high communication standard and I will represent my job with ROAR to the best of my ability.

I hope that satisfys your questions??

·
Registered
385 Posts
Steve the Rocket! Miller.....check out my post under the 19-turn rules under tha Oval general discussion.

No matter what the decision....it is always tough. You know me and we tryto the best we can. The decision as presented was to bring uniformity between all the orgs and other reasons further explained in the posted clarifications.

This past 19-turn rule change was timing issue (also not done deliberately).

Kenny B

·
Registered
385 Posts
Regarding posts and bashing.....

Everybody has seen my past postings where I have been harsh back to posties. I would ask that everybody remember not everyone is right, not all opinions are correct and not all rules will make everyone happy.

We may be held to "higher" posting standard...but I feel it goes both ways.....respect us and we'll respect you.

I am open to forums.....but I also work full-time have a family of 4 and life outside of ROAR (hell...I haven't been on the track for almost 16 months now.....makign sure ROAR has my attention.). So postings maybe few and far between, but remember in the day of instant replies....you may not get one or the one you like. I'll do my best to present the facts, but remember it's a 2-way street.

Take care everyone.

Kenny B

·
ROAR President
534 Posts
Thanks Kenny!! I was wondering if you could do me a favor.. could you explain the differences between the 19T motor rules we currently have? I know there is confusion especially with comments that ROAR is messing this all up. I get a lot of questions about this and really, have no method to answer ... I'm sure we could clear this up here.

and.... life outside of ROAR? Didn't you get the memo...?? EXComm is your life.. LOL

·
Registered
158 Posts
"but personally, I'm still bruised over the last beating I took here and I'm not looking forward to reopening these wounds if nobody has learned any respect."

Dawn: I apoligize for my "mean spirited" post, and for the way I presented my post to you. What I was trying to get across, if your going to play in the man's world, they you have to have the shoulders to put up with it. No matter where you end up postng , on any board, you will have those "mean spirited people with amazing keyboard strength." That's just the way it is. We don't want to be "mothered" we just want replies to our questions, in this generation, not the next.

·
ROAR President
534 Posts
Rickity - apology accepted and I should state my own words to you were a bit mean spirited... I was a bit annoyed and I let it get to me. I do appreciate what you have said...

EXCEPT.. "mans world"? LOL... dude..... :)

Like Kenny stated, give us time if you can.... we all work full time jobs and we might not get here as quick as you like or say what you want to hear but we are here and will answer your questions.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Rc Oval

Dawn Sanchez said:
Rickity - apology accepted and I should state my own words to you were a bit mean spirited... I was a bit annoyed and I let it get to me. I do appreciate what you have said...

EXCEPT.. "mans world"? LOL... dude..... :)

Like Kenny stated, give us time if you can.... we all work full time jobs and we might not get here as quick as you like or say what you want to hear but we are here and will answer your questions.
Just dropped by to say the ROAR nationals were held at Mid-West TriClone and there was a lot of great racing. A good time was had by all. The final resulst are posted on the web page. HERE :thumbsup:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Bob Ingersoll and the rest of the tech crew did a great job of keeping everyone honest and maintaining a level playing field for all. Good job guys. Great event.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
By no means is this intended to be mean, and this is also my opinion but will ROAR ever (my opinion) have any more big carpet raceing, I mean what ever happened to the days of Classic Hobbies Raceway and Sandhills having over 120+ entries like 5 years in a row, I know the one i attened in Wis. then in boston where nothing to be proud of I understand i am talking in the past sence these race;s where many years ago, But ever sence you quit going to Sandhills and classic i never heard much talk about your guy's carpet racing!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
What's up with all these flat tracks? will we see some more big race's at some nice banked tracks. I know everone has there own prefence but by looking at the last few years attendence it looks like flat tracks are not as popular? just my 2 cents

·
Registered
385 Posts
me21...first of all races are awarded to those tracks that offer a bid. Sandhills, Radical Ricks and I beleive another had placed bids for the 2004 event. Radical Ricks was awarded the event to keep in the policy of ROAR to keep rotating events geographically when we can to suitable tracks. Anybody who did not attend the event at Radical Ricks can not by any means offer an opinion on the race, the facility, or the staff. I heard terms of Chucky Cheese with and R/C track..etc not a fair analysis at all. Drivers forget not every track can live on R/C alone.....and BTW...grassroots keep the racing going. There was down playing by drivers not be able to setup their cars. Associated held their event prior to the ROAR nats and the event was awesome....Sean Cochran felt the track and facilities was like Trackside except on steriods. There was "bad blood" because Sandhills didn't get the race.....but then look...Sandhills had held nats for how many years. It was decision of rotating the location...I know Fabio and I know Mike Russell very well....agian variety of location. But for you Sandhill/Classic racers.....there are other tracks outside fo Classic and Sandhills.....dare I say flat track or another banked track????

I know the relationship between Classic and Sandhills....it is awesome the following. But can I ask you.....how many drivers from those tracks attended the nats in 2004 and 2003? Very few to none. Quite a few more drivers from the flat arena come to those banked track events.

Flat tracks...hmmm....Trackside and the Novak race 200+ drivers.....Snowbirds and the flat track.....

And for the record....Sandhills nor Classic bid for the 2005 event.

I can see the e-mail now....Kenny B hates Sandhills and Classic.....NOT BY ANY MEANS....the drivers, hosts and facilities are great! I have raced there several times and will again in the future. Drivers need to see that there is much more behind the scenes than somebody not being awarded an event. And just because you may race at one of the premier tracks doen't necessarily mean all the events need to be at your door. I would love to see a carpet oval and paved oval race west of the Mississippi for once...heck even Canada!

Kenny B

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Point taken, I will throw out that i just miss the banked oval,I never said it was better because i relaize there are diffrent opponions,

1 - 20 of 31 Posts