Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post goes out to all fellow Canadian collectors.

I'm in Toronto, and just started collecting Green Machines (especially Mustangs) last year. I was just wondering who else is into the GMs? If there's anyone in Toronto, maybe we can do a little local trading.

Either way, would love to hear from you and build up a network of GL enthusiasts, since it sounds as if GL won't be available in Canada for quite some time (word from GL is that they want to get their product into all U.S. TRU locations before they start shipping over here).

Post here or e-mail me; it's all good :wave:!

Regards,
Adam (gr6120)
[email protected]

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm in Ottawa....

The only source...that I have found...is the hobby store. They do sometimes get in some greenlights, but I haven't seen any of the greenies...

To date, the only releases they have had were Muscle Gararge Rel.1 and recently, the Barrett-Jackson set.

Greenlight has some great looking castings and I would love to add more to my collection. Hopefully, they will start shipping them to Canadian Toys R Us....or how about Zellers??

We can only hope!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hello fellow Canadians (and everyone else as well),
I've been reading this forum for a few weeks now and decided to finally post my very first message today.
I started collecting die-cast models a few years ago, and I think I'm having a pretty decent collection so far (Johnny Lightning, Greenlight, HotWheels, Matchbox, etc.). Unfortunately, I have never been able to find a GL car anywhere in the stores around here. The only mean I found to get my hands on GL cars is from eBay! sellers, and I have found maybe a dozen GL so far. But of course, no Green Machine in the lot since they always reach prices way too high for my wallet.
I just can't wait to see GL cars on the pegs of canadian stores like Walmart or Zellers as suggested by whitese. Maybe we could then have our chance to own Green Machines for affordable prices.
And gr6120, I also collect everything Mustang (I happen to own a 1:1 one, as well as many 1:64 And 1:24 models). So being able to own a Green Machine would be just awesome.
Well, not sure I was on topic, and this has been fairly a long message... but anyway, thanks for reading it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've bought a couple of sealed cases off ebay, but no GM's! Not sure if they are going to retail here or not. Hopefully soon!

·
Registered
898 Posts
hey neighbors to the north,don't feel bad because it's hard to find them down here also.only kmart sells them here and if you're not the first one there
you're not getting any.hope gl does right by you guys and sends some up to
ya.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks to everyone for responding. Keep the replies coming, fellow Canadian GL enthusiasts :thumbsup:. Tell us who you are, and what part of the country you're from.

Major Nelson, your reply is right on topic. And always great to meet another Mustang collector. Sure wish I had a 1:1 too. Well, maybe one day!

Keep the replies coming.

gr6120

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There must be more Canadian GL collectors on HT :confused:. Please add your voice to this post! Let's see who's out there enjoying these great cars :thumbsup:.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts