Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Canadians; how many whites have you found in the last three weeks....

I am up to 77 (that includes my traders\doubles)

Let's here you .... :eek:

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Cool..! got my first in a year this morning....can't imagine finding so many in such a short time..congrats..!

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
It's like the Yukon gold rush!

When will the vein dry up?

Finding 103 WL's must be some kind of record!..........WOW!

·
Registered
487 Posts
I am not a man to begrudge other collectors getting some good finds, but this is getting to be more than a little ridiculous. 87 whites in about a month ? 103 in about the same amount of time ? Some might say I'm jealous and to be honest, I am a bit. But I'm really more tired of feeling that RC2 values mine and others business so little. Whatever. So much for the theory of "They sent all the old stuff to Canada so they can fill the pegs here with new stuff". The walmart here is the chains flagship store, selling more merchandise than any other walmart store, and they've received exactly 3 cases of the new jl's with 2 being coke {icons} and 1 being the mixed case {precisions} since early/mid December. Wow, way to fill those pegs ! A friend of mine works at the distribution center that serves all the wallys around here and she said that they have not received any new jl's since mid Dec. Same old distribution problems and same old RC2. What a waste of a good product line.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
My only thought is that how could you justify selling a cardboard version for $4.92 and release "NEW" JL's in a clam shell for $5.92. Out with the old in with the new

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well, it I fully understand the pangs of being a JL collector in the US right now. Up until this bonanza, we were totally getting screwed on JL.

My local wal=mart is the number 2 selling wally in all of Canada and we've been left out in the cold countless times on not only JL's, but other collectibles as well. Alot of times with no explanation. It may not just be RC2, it may be your wally thats the problem.

I heard that the reason this happened is that RC2 and their restructuring left them with thousands of unsold cases, possibly over ten thousand. They wanted to take a new direction and the old stuff was just kicking around. So, Wal-MArt Canada offered to take all of their surplus stock at 0.25 a car.

I could sense that this routine was getting a tad frustrating, thats why I stopped posting pics. I got a great WL car yesterday, but I could tell on here and JL talk that it was starting to grind the US folks to hear about it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
i think RC2 is getting tired of getting phone calls about this...i called them to ask what was going on and why this happend...also if any of them were going to make it to the US....i got a very short answere...."nope thisa is a canada only thing"....no explanation just that....infact that was the end of the phone call....my guess is RC2 is getting 100s of calls a day about this....i may have to take a road trip on my next day off....

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
brian_frey74 said:
i think RC2 is getting tired of getting phone calls about this...i called them to ask what was going on and why this happend...also if any of them were going to make it to the US....i got a very short answere...."nope thisa is a canada only thing"....no explanation just that....infact that was the end of the phone call....my guess is RC2 is getting 100s of calls a day about this....i may have to take a road trip on my next day off....
What a GREAT IDEA Brian!

Let's all call RC2, and in a very nice way ask them what's going on with the $1 JL cars shipped to Canada. Perhaps K-B, TRU, or WAL*MART in the USA could get some of those $1 cars too.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Canada & Johnny Lightning,s!!!!!!!!!!!

Send me the damn phone#!! I don,t begrudge my friend,s to the north(Good for them), but as has been posted there are hardly any new Johnny Lightning,s where i live in the us period. Kinda wants you to stop collecting j,l,s, eh?? Russ

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
No offense to everyone but I can not believe that one can get upset over the influx of JL to Canada. Am I jealous, yes of course but I would never hold it against our friends to the north. So please Kuda post away and ignore the negative attitude of the few. I love seeing everyone up north getting hammered. Last time I checked they did not get the wave of JL that hit Big Lots. No TRU 2 packs up there either.
I am sure that RC2 wanted to blow these cars out at .26 each. More likely the retailers in the States were not ordering the cars and they got stuck with tons of cases. I would have preferred that they sold them through diecast express or OLD to everyone.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Tbucket and Everyone Else,
By no means was I implying that I don't want to see pics of your or any other Canadians finds, to the contrary, I want to see all of them ! The rub is that ALL the walmarts around here and the Hermiston ,OR. distribution center have been CONSTANTLY reordering and NOTHING is getting thru. My friend who works in the ordering and receiving office at the distribution center said just yesterday that RC2 is failing to provide the product {info she got from higher up}. I hope I didn't come accross as snide to you or anything as that was NOT my intent.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts