Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello.
Kinda just got into the hobby (obsession) meaning a little less then 100 in 4 months. My father is a collector and so are some friends. I got the bug big time. Had to put up a shelf 12' long to put cars on. I save the boxes but display mine, no fun in storage. Got a 66 GTO ragtop 1/24 and it started, no turning back. Trying to get in to building my own. Have a few kits I assembled myself that "aint half bad". Man I'm having fun with this. Now if I can just find a 1973 and 1974 GTO in 1/64 my Goats will be complete.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Welcome aboard bob8748! You'll find this site pretty full of info on all brands of diecast. You are in luck as I mentioned in the JL section of hte board on the 73 GTO being done. A 1974 version would be nice, but that will be a wait and see thing I think.
I collect Trans Am's so I know your pain, or is it joy! LOL Again, welcome aboard!
Chris

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Welcome aboard!
Glad to see another collector here and we hope to see more of your posts on the boards.
Don't forget to come and chat with us at night.
Richard

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JL has a 73 huh? I collect Johnny Lightnings. Thanks for the info. I am also trying to get all Firebird T/A years, as well as Chargers.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Superduty455
I have been all over the JL website and found nothing on the 73 GTO. Can you give any info on where to find it?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Welcome to the board. There are alot of really nice people here. Post often.:wave:

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
bob8748--It hasn't been released yet. Not sure of when it will, but it is a new casting that was announced this year. I am unsure of what series it will show up in either.
Chris

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:
I told the folks on my Pontiac board about it, will be a big seller. I hope to get my 66 GTO this weekend (real car). Anyone know of a 66 goat convertable in midnight blue, any scale?

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Bob, Their is a Nightwatch blue 66 GTO hdtp in 1/18 scale from Ertl for Target stores LE of 20000. Should be able to find one on ebay and at the very least dremel the top off.
A quick search on ebay should yeild some results of what is availible.
Good Luck!
Chris

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Chris, will check that out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts