Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this one is looking to make history. for some reason i dont think that florida is the target this time. i think its gonna blow just off of cuba and head for the more southern states. more than likly to pick up steam off the gulf and be a cat 5,,,,,,,,its possible even Texas. what do you think?

(this is my guess and does not reflect the predictions of any weather site that i know of)

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
When I first saw Ivan I told a friend I think this ones ours (Texas) or the Gulf coast of Mexico but I know nothing about fronts steering the storm or gulf currents effects. Hopefully it will reduce in strenth before it hits land, if not this one will be bad, hope everyone in the path listens and evacuates.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
This monster has been fighting off the shear and creating its own path. Any wobble in any degree no matter how minute will change its course. With Ivan heading into waters that are at or above 90 degrees, I would suspect that it will only increase the winds and power. Definitely something to stay tuned too.
The three day forecast is close, but beyond that no telling, and it can change in a matter of hours as we all have seen.
Chris

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
It might ruin my plans to be at the fest. Of course, I guess it could kill me, too! I live about 2 miles from the Gulf Coast in Mississippi!

The wife did tell me that if it comes and goes, to go on to the fest. She said if we have no power that she was planning on eating at her parent's house anyway, since they have a grill and we don't yet. Of course, neither house may be standing if this one has a direct hit.

The good news is Camille's storm surge did not flood the property were I live, so really, it's the wind, or tornadoes, that could blow my house down. We also have a lot of trees to break the wind some, and I have a 2 story house on either side of my house.

I'm still sweating this one.

R

·
0 Posts
Wyatt, I'll be down to pick up the TA I think I should keep it for you for awhile:D

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
I really feel bad for you guys dealing with these storms,has to be a terrible feeling just not knowing where or how bad it will be.

I wish you all the best...stay safe.

R

·
0 Posts
Well, I've got that set your wife gave me when you guys went on vacation last year and I watched the car... I could use those!

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well,,,so far i am right,,,just blowing off of cuba but now it is turning deciededly north,,,,,still i dont think so much florida,,,,,,

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
The Fla Panhandle is Doomed, It has received the Kiss of Death.
I was watching the Weather Channel and

Jim Cantore is in Panama City, as a long time Fla visitor and part time resident I know when Jim shows up, start packin!

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
32lowboy said:
The Fla Panhandle is Doomed, It has received the Kiss of Death.
I was watching the Weather Channel and

Jim Cantore is in Panama City, as a long time Fla visitor and part time resident I know when Jim shows up, start packin!
hahahahahaha,,,,,:lol:,,,,YOUR RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
Looks like this one will blow on up past me this time without the damaging winds, but it also looks like a wet ride to the Fest.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
owl said:
Looks like this one will blow on up past me this time without the damaging winds, but it also looks like a wet ride to the Fest.
I'll probably be passin ya, goin the other way.
Nah,I'm leavin head on Friday, with a full moving truck and my truck on a trailer.
You oughtta save a lot on gas, with the wind at your heels

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
If you guys want to watch it roll in,
www.destincam.com
unfortunatly this cam is about 2 miles west of my condo :(
The people who live in the area are the ones Im worried about, you can fix a building.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I know one thing I'm glad this one is out in the gulf and going past us today and tomorrow. The are saying Frances cooled the gulf enough to slow the wind speeds down. Let's hope so for everyone's sake. I'm sick of hurricanes but I'll never be sick of Florida.

In Cincinnati they used to joke on the radio about those guys at the Weather Channel acted when a hurricane was coming. They said you could tell how close the storm was by how they dressed in the studio. As the hurricane was nearing they would loosen their tie, then as it got closer their jackets came off, finally they were rolling their sleeves. You would think it was blowing right into their studio!!:p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts