Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been collecting hot wheels for a while just started recently again. i really want to find treasure hunts but i have no clue where to start, if anyone can help me with some tips/times/stores i can look i would really appreciate it,

·
Registered
232 Posts
Bigslick440 said:
I've been collecting hot wheels for a while just started recently again. i really want to find treasure hunts but i have no clue where to start, if anyone can help me with some tips/times/stores i can look i would really appreciate it,
Find a stocker at WM and slip him a $20 spot. :freak:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Welcome to Hobbytalk. There's no real secret to finding them, most of the time it's just luck. You have to put in time and learn which stores give you the best chance in your area.

Around here, most stores stock overnight, so the morning door warmers get all the THs. That's if the store personnel don't put them aside for themselves.

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
I've found a few but not in a couple of years. The more time and effort you put in the more you will find. Be there at walmart when they open the doors - That is a good start get to know what days the trucks come in and talk to the stock persons. Treat them like a real person and clean up after yourself when you leave the diecast asile. Earn their trust. they need to know that you will not rape the pags and leave the place a mess. They will help you by saying something like they are on order and should be in in a day or two. That will let you know when to be at the opening of the store.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
go to the stores. dollar generals, family dollars near weeks end. go a couple times on thurs., fridays there.

the big stores like target and k-mart it's luck. i've only found 1 in a target ever. about 55 in k-marts (only a mile away, i go there every day). maybe 5 in kaybees.

walmarts here are just like the first post. in our town, one guy paid off the girl toy manager and gets everyone. people don't even bother there. but we've 2 other walmarts near that are random, and i've found 5 in the past year. middle of the day.

it's a hunt. enjoy it. i don't trade or buy anything online. if i find it in a store, i buy it. that's the fun of it. if it isn't fun, it's not worth doing. don't make it a job!

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
WELCOME to the boards,like kwik says dont make it a job or your life,collect what ya like an like what ya collect ttfn johnny

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Analog said:
Find a stocker at WM and slip him a $20 spot. :freak:

thats how you would have to do it here however each store already has someone paying them here you never se hunts in this town too many guys get called in for first pick anywhere theres hw cars

·
Registered
59 Posts
I normally get T-Hunts at K-Days. This is the only time that I get to legitimately go through an unopened case. Otherwise it is just sheer luck because they are very hard to find - lot's of people with this hobby and lot's of people trying to make money on eBay. Welcome and good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts