Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am a fairly good painter and i paint alot of bodies for people but i always thin my paint with water but i found that it doesnt work that well is there any other thing to use for thinning faskolor paint

mark

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
every time i want to do a thin out line in any color other than fluorescents it does not stay small for long it gos big than small or just cuts out.

but it works fine with fluorescents

mark

·
Registered
981 Posts
The problems with small lines are normally from paint drying on the tip and not the paint being too thick. You can thin it out a little with water for fine lines bit to keep the paint from drying on the tip you have to get some retarder from the local craft store. Michaels sells Createx retarder that will work.

No Createx doesnt stick to lexan but the retarder will work with the Parma paint.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I forget the gentlemans name but he wrote a book for RCCA awhile ago on painting bodies. He told me to use 2 tablespoons of windshield washer fluid. That's what i've been using.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Fred B said:
No Createx doesnt stick to lexan but the retarder will work with the Parma paint.
I use a Createx on the main field of my paint scheme and after dozens of bodies I have never noticed that is will not stick. I am using Createx Auto Air. Should I stop?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Parma - I tried the windshield fluid because my airbrush was clogging, even with water. Since i started using the fluid... no more problems. I just use the cheap blue stuff that you see everywhere and is already in your garage probably.

J

·
0 Posts
john said:
I forget the gentlemans name but he wrote a book for RCCA awhile ago on painting bodies. He told me to use 2 tablespoons of windshield washer fluid. That's what i've been using.
2 tbsp on how much paint? what is the ratio your using ?

Thanx

·
Registered
96 Posts
I use windshield washer fluid also and have had no failures,,,,for those who have questions about Createx or Createx auto air,,,,,,,I have used both for several hundred bodies as well as Faskolor and have had no failures,,,,just my 2 tidbits for what its worth,,,,,,,,,,,Slowpoke17

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Hey guys I just bought some Createx Transparent Ultramarine Blue, Iridescent Electric Blue and Fluorescent Green. What color do you suggest I back them with on lexan??White, Silver ??? And what psi should I spray each of them at.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
erock1331 said:
Hey guys I just bought some Createx Transparent Ultramarine Blue, Iridescent Electric Blue and Fluorescent Green. What color do you suggest I back them with on lexan??White, Silver ??? And what psi should I spray each of them at.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
I backed the transparent and iridescent with silver but I don't think the iridescent needed backing. The fluorescent was backed with white. I sprayed at 40 lbs. through an Iwata Eclipse brush

1 - 15 of 15 Posts