Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
I recently purchased the Rickenbacker Guitar Girl from Shunya Yamashita.
Although I saved quite a bit of money on it on ebay, I unfortunately did not get any instructions. I only got a inkjet printed photo of the model.
I don't mean assembly instructions, but simple color charts and tips etc.

I'd like to know if these types of things are included in retail resin kits?
How does one go about matching the colors used in the photos of the model?

I also picked up a new testors mini max airbrush kit, and will be building a DIY spray booth. I'd appreciate any tips, recommendations, or links. I don't want to ruin the model :)

thx

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Welcome aboard Basscleff. Right-click and save the pix capt. posted ?? And don't forget to show us the finished product.
Dabbler

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
usually resin kits dont include instructions of any kind, unless the assembly is extremely complex and tricky. ive never seen one include a painting guide.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
True. Usually they will just say: " Use photo on box as a guide". That's IF there is one ! ?

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Welcome basscleff!

As another guitar/bass player, I'd like to get one of these too (especially as the 4001 she's holding is a dead ringer for my '76!), and like you, I'd prefer a kit that I can assemble & paint as opposed to the prepaint.

I wasn't even aware of this kit. Do you know who the manufacturer is? What search terms did you use on ebay (tried to find her a few times but no luck)?

Anyway, good luck with her & don't forget to post some pics when you're done!

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
I agree wwith flyingfrets! I enjoy model building and vintage guitars but never knew there were figure kits with both subjects! I must learn more. I'm not a fan of the animae(sp) type figure model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts