Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found my first redline the other day but the problem is it is missing a front wheel. I'm goin to go back tomorrow and dig around an see if I is in the case I found the car in but my questions are this

Will the missing wheel render this car worthless?
And while I'm not looking to sell it, is this car as valuable as it seems to be one the Texas dc list? While it's whatever someone will pay obviously, if I were to decide to trade it here to one of you, what sort of value should I assign to it?
And finally, the wheels seem to be different than those shown in the pic of the BW one on the Texas DC site. I this a variant or just the normal redline version? I'm not quite sure what to make of this car.

Thanks for your help. Hopefully by now you know me well enough that I'm not asking "how much is my car worth" for the wrong reasons. Just trying to determine the "value" of the car as a whole and as a collector piece since it doesn't necessarily fit my normal casting preference so may decide I trade it if someone were to be interested and had something more up my alley.
It's the Inferno with unpainted HK base
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Wow, that front wheel looks odd! Could it be that both front wheels broke off, and someone stuck a normal redline wheel over the stub on one side?

The broken wheel does hurt the value a lot. I would estimate it to be worth $.50-3.00 tops, unless that is some weird rare wheel variant that I don't know about.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was desired by a restorer/customizer, as they haven't reissued this casting to my knowledge, and it is hard to find a rough condition one with an intact spoiler.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
those are'nt the right front wheels.they were a thin lace.in that condition it really is not worth much and with the fronts being switched out really not any value except to the person who bought .as long as you like it that that's all the counts.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I do like it just because it was my first well half RL find.
So with that being te case and there being no way I can further reduce the lacking value,
Does anyone have either an extra wheel that matches that one or a set of either like wheels that is incorrectly installed or the correct lace wheels that I would be able to at least make it functional to give my kid and keep it period similar? Unless someone needs or wants it for restoration I'd trade it if it is of interest to you with intents of restoring it to some former glory.

I appreciate all of your input on this as well.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
It will be hard to find a replacement lace wheel, as that is always what determines if the car is a "junker" or a "filler".

I would take the front wheels off of a newer Hot Wheels, such as the "Pass'n Gasser" to put on it. You will need to drill out the rivet on the Inferno, remove the old axle, cut the new axle in half and JB weld it in place.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
There is a relatively recent release that you might want to use for the wheel replacememt, real riders and everything. Maybe you're able to track one down or get a RAOK.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys rock. Thank you so much. Looking at it I'll be able to fix and replace them without drilling it out. I am glad you showed me that because I just bought a beatnik that I didn't even realize was missing the engine till renegade noted it. Lol.

Thanks again for your help. You all are , (ok most of you lol). First class.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts