Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some oddballs to fill in collection slots. Any manufacturer but prefer 1:64 and JL of course!

41 Dodge
48 Ford
50 Ford
51 Ford Victoria
53 Studebaker
52/53/54 Ford Victoria
54 Ford sedan
56 Ford Convertible
58 Ford
61 Galaxie
62 Galaxie
75/76 Ford Elite
77 Ford LTD
80 Olds Cutlass
85 Pontiac Sunbird
86-89 Taurus
2000 GMC Jimmy

I told you oddball :(

See all those empty slots?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eyecandy said:
Wish I could help, but if you find the Taurus or the Sunbird, let me know!!!

I actually have a Taurus but it is much smaller scale, was a plastic kit and is pretty crude. Here it is pictured next to a JL 1:64. Sorry for the rotten picture I forgot to set the focus before hitting the shutter. :confused:

I also have a 1:25 89 SHO and an 86 kit 1:25. The SHO is very well done as are most promos.

G

·
Galaxieman said:
I need some oddballs to fill in collection slots. Any manufacturer but prefer 1:64 and JL of course!
48 Ford - Hot Wheels has a '46-48 convertible in their 100% line. Good scale. The maroon '46 Sportsman is gorgeous.
50 Ford - Racing Champions made several '50 Tudors in both civvy and police trim. A hair big for 1:64 scale, maybe 1/60.
56 Ford Convertible - Matchbox has a nice '56 Sunliner in their line-up, but it's a little small, perhaps closer to 1:72. Imperial also makes a '56 Sunliner. It's better scaled than the MB as I recall. Racing Champions had a '56 Sunliner in their Ed Roth Rat Fink line. It's the biggest casting of the three Sunliners but probably not over 1/60.

Sorry no pics. Working from memory. (I'm on the road these days.)
:thumbsup: :wave:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
other than nascar bodies,i don't believe the tarus was ever produced by any manufacturer in 1/64 scale. i have read this in a few places when people were looking for them to make a Robocop custom for their movie/tv collections. hwever, if everyone is wrong and there is such a casting, please let me know as i could use one myself. where if swifty when you need him. i'm sure he would know for sure.

·
Premium Member
8,297 Posts
I'll check my local auctions,and get back to you ASAP( cant get there until this coming Sat)

WE get some really cool vintage & current models there.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Good luck on the 80 Cutlass, as far as I know, no manufacture has made this body style yet.

PS 78-80 = same body style, but this does NOT include the 78 Nascar bodies as they were still based off the 76-77 body style

I don't even remember seeing 'dealer promo's' of this body either

Also, if you do happen to locate one, let me know! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wish somebody would make the '62 Galaxie so I could get a replica of my 1:1 '62 big block 2 door hardtop. JL made a 61 4 door sedan that was used as a police car.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bugo said:
I wish somebody would make the '62 Galaxie so I could get a replica of my 1:1 '62 big block 2 door hardtop. JL made a 61 4 door sedan that was used as a police car.

I have 3 or 4 of the 61 Fairlanes that JL produced as HOW cars and the green one . The picture is of the 62 406 XL I bought new in 62 and sold in 66 to a close friend who still owns it. I would love to see JL do that one :p

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I believe Ertl made a 1/64 '50 Ford about 20 years ago , might of been a conv .. 62 Galaxie was made as a slot car ( Aurora ?) 48 Ford - Hot Wheels has a woodie , AMT made 1/43 kits of a coupe also about 20 years ago .. 56 Conv is current Matchbox Superfast & also Hot Wheels . The rest are doubtful ... Some 58's were made in 1/43 ...

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
edseldave said:
I believe Ertl made a 1/64 '50 Ford about 20 years ago , might of been a conv .. 62 Galaxie was made as a slot car ( Aurora ?) 48 Ford - Hot Wheels has a woodie , AMT made 1/43 kits of a coupe also about 20 years ago .. 56 Conv is current Matchbox Superfast & also Hot Wheels . The rest are doubtful ... Some 58's were made in 1/43 ...

I have a 50 on the way, looking for the 56 convertible now, the 48 is on the radar but have never seen the 58. I will look.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Here is a pic of my 1/64's . Ertl Replica 56 Ford , 50 Ford conv , 49 Merc . They also did a 51 Chevy . Slot cars 62 Galaxie & Country Squire , Not sure of brand ...

58 Ford Custom 300 in 1/43 done by Small Wheels . Fairlane 500 was not real well done & a very small firm , now obsolete .. Cant recall name of it . I believe most of those 40's & 50's Fords were done in 1/43 over the years ... I know there are '53's by Collector Classics ??? & 49 - 51's are out there too ..
Also Hot Wheels did a 1/64 '48 conv .. Matchbox did a Taurus wagon , or was it a Sable ? ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts