Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looooong been a collector of diecast cars, mostly matchbox and hotwheels since I was a child. I have now have a super addiction to JOHNNY LIGHTING as they are FAR FAR superior and realistic.

The question I have is, What is a "White Lightning"? What makes it different than a regular Johnny Lightning?

Thank you in advance for the answer, Mark

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
First of all, welcome to the club. We have donuts and juice to your left and... wait straying off topic... Well, a White Lightning is a rare version of a Johnny Lightning. Similar to Hot Wheels Treasure Hunt theme, but the Johnny's instead are the same cars, but with different colored exterior, interior, rims, undercarrage, or even wheels. Usually they have two different features about them. For instance, take my feature about the '69 Trans Am Convertible that I was searching for eariler this year: http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=176387&highlight=grail Notice that in my thread the car has a white interior and baseplate where as the original car has a blue interior and a regular zinc undercarrage (hard to tell from the pics.)
(courtesy of jlcollector.com)

There are also other different variations from the norm, in the Gold Series of cars, some of the White Lightnings are actually Gold colored aside from their original colors. If you have a question about where or not a car is a white, just simply ask in this section and I'm sure someone would be willing to help. :wave: - Kevin

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
ChasesDaddy said:
I have looooong been a collector of diecast cars, mostly matchbox and hotwheels since I was a child. I have now have a super addiction to JOHNNY LIGHTING as they are FAR FAR superior and realistic.

The question I have is, What is a "White Lightning"? What makes it different than a regular Johnny Lightning?

Thank you in advance for the answer, Mark
Lightning Lane website - http://www.lightninglane.com - provides an excellent guide, and often pictures, to the white lightning traits for each issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts