Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will do my best to discribe this thing:

Around 1969 to 71? My older brother had this strange light show toy that looked like a scanner from the TOS STAR TREK bridge Engineering or something sci-fi looking.

It was white with a base and knobs and a big round black screen that sat on a short neck ( imagine it looking something like a small house fan that you use in da summer time )

Inside there were small round silver discs that had different shapes....I believe that when a focused light was reflected on the disc from the inside it shot an image onto the screen....I think that the speed and possibly the angle of the disc could be changed to create a lazer like image?

Any ideas anyone????

I have tried to do all kinds of searches on the internet with no luck I'm out of ideas!

THANKS!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Was this after the abduction? :p Seriously though, that's back during my era and now you've got my curiosity going. If I find out I'll post the answer.

Jack

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jack.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
I remember it!

I remember it!

It's from back in the LIGHT BRITE and SPIROGRAPH days. It had a thin white plastic sheet with some lights doing stuff behind it. It was kind of like a spirograph with lights.

But I can't remember the name... but I bet my brother will! Check back tomorrow!

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
I remember that too!!!! I remember using it in a dark room and the motor would whirr like a race car as you changed the speed of the spinning mirror. The name escapes me though at this time.......sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Aaaaargh

I've just spent two hours searching the web and I can't find it. My brother remembered the toy but drew a blank on it's name. He did find a complete vintage spirograph for 4 dollars.

Good luck... post it if you remember it!

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Drew!

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kinda, but I bet it cost about 5,000 dollars less! :tongue:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts