Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all.

I have the following Whites and was hoping some of the good folks here could help me to determine their current "dollar/trade values." Since one of the pieces is unique (the all-WL Herbie 5-pack), I'd welcome all opinions. And, please, go easy on me ... I'm not a "power seller" or "power trader," and have an extremely modest collection of WLs :hat:.

These are the Whites I have:

- Herbie the Love Bug: Fully Loaded 5-pack (all 5 cars are WL Herbies/VWs), includes:
[ ] Classic Herbie (white tires/rims)
[ ] Demolition Herbie (muddy white tires/rims)
[ ] Chrome Herbie (white tires/rims)
[ ] Junkyard Herbie (muddy white tires/rims)
[ ] New Beetle (white tires/rims)

(With the above set, I found a 5-pack containing a WL "Classic" Herbie, then acquired all the others in the series and swapped out the "regular" cars with the WLs. RC2 didn't seal their Herbie 5-packs, so car replacement was possible without any package damage.)

- Herbie the Love Bug: Fully Loaded 5-pack: Includes black GTO WL (white tires/rims)
- Herbie the Love Bug: Fully Loaded "Classic" Herbie (white tires/rims) (on a single card)
- Hollywood on Wheels (HOW) "Classic" Herbie (white rims)

- Spoilers/Street Freaks 1970 Mustang (white body/tires)
- 2004 Nissan 350 Z (Lightning Strike/Classic Car series) (navy body, white interior and base)

So, if you were to place a dollar/trade value on the above WLs (if such a thing isn't too subjective), what would you considers them to be "worth" to collectors? Many thanks for any help :wave: !

Regards,
gr6120
[email protected]

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
carnut2256 said:
Put 'er on E-Bay starting at .99 cents, and the market will determine the value for you ;) :lol: :thumbsup:
carnut,

Thanks for the tip, but I'm familiar with e Bay and am not trying to sell what I have ;). Instead, I'm looking for some guidance from JL WL collectors to establish "benchmark" values for the pieces I have, so I can work out "fair" trades. I've been collecting HW rather than JL for the past few years, and am now switching over to GreenLight, so I honestly don't know the "value" of the WLs I have. Just hoping for some honest feedback from the people here with this ... rather than sarcasm :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
gr6120 said:
Hi all.
These are the Whites I have:

- Herbie the Love Bug: Fully Loaded 5-pack (all 5 cars are WL Herbies/VWs), includes:
[ ] New Beetle (white tires/rims)

- Herbie the Love Bug: Fully Loaded 5-pack: Includes black GTO WL (white tires/rims)
- Herbie the Love Bug: Fully Loaded "Classic" Herbie (white tires/rims) (on a single card)
- Hollywood on Wheels (HOW) "Classic" Herbie (white rims)

- Spoilers/Street Freaks 1970 Mustang (white body/tires)
- 2004 Nissan 350 Z (Lightning Strike/Classic Car series) (navy body, white interior and base)
Adam, I would say the Herbies are probably about $10 each maybe a few bucks more for the Chrome and Classic. The Spoilers Mustang is in the $35-$45 range I'd guess. And the Nissan Z, well, if you can get more than $6-$8 for it you'd be doing well. :wave:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
CTWLSMIKE said:
Adam, I would say the Herbies are probably about $10 each maybe a few bucks more for the Chrome and Classic. The Spoilers Mustang is in the $35-$45 range I'd guess. And the Nissan Z, well, if you can get more than $6-$8 for it you'd be doing well. :wave:
Mike,

Many thanks for the feedback :thumbsup: . I'd agree with your assessment on the Mustang and Nissan Z, but believe that some of the Herbie WLs are worth more. I hate to use e Pay as an example (since I'd like to leave it out of a trade equation), but Herbie 5-packs containing only 1 WL have consistently sold for around $30 :confused:. My 5-pack is an all-WL package. Interestingly, single-carded "Herbie: Fully Loaded" pieces do go for around $10. The Hollywood on Wheels Herbies seem to bring in $25-$35.

Of course, all of this is from e Pay ... and my question has been what other collectors would value these pieces at.

Would also appreciate further feedback on the "value" of the WLs listed above.

Regards,
gr6120

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I was assessing the Herbies based on if they were sold loose. I think them being in the 5 pack with 4 other cars adds to the value since VW collectors would prize those almost as much. If you sold all the WLs separately, they would probably go in the $10-$15 range or maybe a few bucks more. Again, just my opinion.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CTWLSMIKE said:
I was assessing the Herbies based on if they were sold loose. I think them being in the 5 pack with 4 other cars adds to the value since VW collectors would prize those almost as much.
Mike,

That does make sense, and I do appreciate the feedback. Many thanks for that :thumbsup:.

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
I have seen the Mustang go as low as 26.00 on the bay but the average seems to be around 35. I sold the HOW Herbie several months back an I think it went in the 22.00 range.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Puppycat said:
I have seen the Mustang go as low as 26.00 on the bay but the average seems to be around 35. I sold the HOW Herbie several months back an I think it went in the 22.00 range.
Thanks for the reply, Brad :thumbsup:. Yes, $26.00 does seem pretty low for the Spoilers Mustang. Regardless of value, I'm pretty attached to the piece, since it's the only Mustang WL I've ever found on the pegs and, hey, I just love 'stangs!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
gr6120 said:
carnut,

Just hoping for some honest feedback from the people here with this ... rather than sarcasm :thumbsup:.
Some folks are not equipped to discern between sarcasm and a joke. My apologies, I should have added another of these: :lol:

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
[ ] New Beetle (white tires/rims)I`d say in the package maybe $65-$75

Herbie the Love Bug: Fully Loaded 5-pack: Includes black GTO WL (white tires/rims)$20
- Herbie the Love Bug: Fully Loaded "Classic" Herbie (white tires/rims) (on a single card)$35
- Hollywood on Wheels (HOW) "Classic" Herbie (white rims)$25

- Spoilers/Street Freaks 1970 Mustang (white body/tires)$40
- 2004 Nissan 350 Z (Lightning Strike/Classic Car series) (navy body, white interior and base)$8
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
carnut2256 said:
Some folks are not equipped to discern between sarcasm and a joke. My apologies, I should have added another of these: :lol:
carnut,

If your reply was meant as a joke, I guess it's time for me to check my "equipment" :lol:. Anyway, all joking aside, can you offer any real feedback as to "trade/dollar value" of the WLs I've listed? Your thoughts are most welcome :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
glhshelby said:
[ ] New Beetle (white tires/rims)I`d say in the package maybe $65-$75

- Herbie the Love Bug: Fully Loaded 5-pack: Includes black GTO WL (white tires/rims)$20
- Herbie the Love Bug: Fully Loaded "Classic" Herbie (white tires/rims) (on a single card)$35
- Hollywood on Wheels (HOW) "Classic" Herbie (white rims)$25

- Spoilers/Street Freaks 1970 Mustang (white body/tires)$40
- 2004 Nissan 350 Z (Lightning Strike/Classic Car series) (navy body, white interior and base)$8
:thumbsup:
Thanks for that, Travis. The prices you've added are more in line with the "values" I suspected for the WLs. Still, it helps a lot to have someone familiar with WLs adding their feedback :thumbsup:. I appreciate it!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
gr6120 said:
carnut,

If your reply was meant as a joke, I guess it's time for me to check my "equipment" :lol:. Anyway, all joking aside, can you offer any real feedback as to "trade/dollar value" of the WLs I've listed? Your thoughts are most welcome :thumbsup:.
In all honesty, it was meant as a joke. Sorry that didn't come across more clearly.

I don't claim to be a WL expert, by any stretch, but I know what I've seen certain ones sell for, and I know what I would be willing to pay (I consider myself a "typical" shopper). Most Herbie WLs are in the $10-15 range, as stated, and I wouldn't go more than $20-25 for any particular one.

I've traded several, and donated several of these away. A 5 Pack with a desirable Herbie would go about $25 complete, tops. Honestly though, when I trade a white for a white, I myself don't consider the monetary value. Not to say all whites are worth the same, they're not. I use a loose "tier" system (ie; a Zinger WL is typically more sought after than a Poker WL, and should pull an equal "tier" car).

Perfect example: I am in the middle of a trade with another HT member, to obtain a WL for a RAOK for a third member. The car I'm looking to get is a Classic Plastic. Not a very high demand series, and this particular casting is not so sought after. The trader chose a PIP '50 Woody from my offer list. Now, first, it's a PIP WL and those are sought after, and this one is a white tired car as well, even more desirable. Normally, this isn't a trade I would make even up. But since this was for a RAOK, I'm pulling the trigger on it. The trader is happy, I'm happy, and the RAOK recipient will be happy. No dollar value was mentioned by either party during this exchange. And I never once made a trade in which the other party assigned a dollar value to either car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
carnut2256 said:
In all honesty, it was meant as a joke. Sorry that didn't come across more clearly.

I don't claim to be a WL expert, by any stretch, but I know what I've seen certain ones sell for, and I know what I would be willing to pay (I consider myself a "typical" shopper). Most Herbie WLs are in the $10-15 range, as stated, and I wouldn't go more than $20-25 for any particular one.

I've traded several, and donated several of these away. A 5 Pack with a desirable Herbie would go about $25 complete, tops. Honestly though, when I trade a white for a white, I myself don't consider the monetary value. Not to say all whites are worth the same, they're not. I use a loose "tier" system (ie; a Zinger WL is typically more sought after than a Poker WL, and should pull an equal "tier" car).:thumbsup:
Rich,

I really appreciate the detailed reply :thumbsup:. Yours, combined with the feedback from some of the other great people on this board, have helped me to gain a good perspective about WL "values" for the pieces I have. It's generous of you to RAOK a WL. I wish I could say I'm at that point myself, but since WLs make it to Toronto in extremely limited quantities (except, of course, in the recent case of Cdn. Wal-Marts, which put out a flood of sealed cases -- and, no, I wasn't among the lucky who found WLs :lol: ), I don't really have any to spare (not that my "collection" is any more than the ones I've listed in my first post :().

Many thanks to all who have replied to this post!

Regards,
gr6120

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
[ ] New Beetle (white tires/rims)I`d say in the package maybe 50$ tops

Herbie the Love Bug: Fully Loaded 5-pack: Includes black GTO WL (white tires/rims)$15 tops no one wants a herbie pack with a gto? they want vws
- Herbie the Love Bug: Fully Loaded "Classic" Herbie (white tires/rims) (on a single card)$15 tops the single cards are worth 5-15 only some dont even sell for 5 on ebay and i know alot of people posted that they just left them in stores instead of paying 4$ for them the cards are ugly
- Hollywood on Wheels (HOW) "Classic" Herbie (white rims)now this one here is worth a good 40$ or so

- Spoilers/Street Freaks 1970 Mustang (white body/tires)$30
- 2004 Nissan 350 Z (Lightning Strike/Classic Car series) (navy body, white interior and base)$5

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
vw-wl-collector said:
[ ] New Beetle (white tires/rims) I`d say in the package maybe 50$ tops
vw-wl,

Thanks for the reply. Regarding the all-WL 5-pack, whenever I see these coming up for auction, they routinely seem to go in the neighborhood of $30 ... but with only 1 WL inside (like this recently completed e Bay auction for $33.01):

Herbie 5-pack w/ 1 WL

That being the case, wouldn't you say an all WL 5-pack in a mint package might go for more than $50 (maybe around $70-$75)?

vw-wl-collector said:
- Herbie the Love Bug: Fully Loaded 5-pack: Includes black GTO WL (white tires/rims) $15 tops no one wants a herbie pack with a gto? they want vws
I guess there's no accounting for taste ... like with this other auction for a Herbie 5-pack w/ GTO WL that closed at $21.49:

Herbie 5-pack w/ GTO WL

Based on the range of replies to this post, it seems that WL "values" really are subjective, and depend on the eye of the beholder. For example, a VW or Herbie collector might be willing to pay more $$ for the WL versions. However, it's trade value I was originally curious about where, again, it will probably all come down to whether someone really wants the White being offered.

All of this feedback is great. Thanks a lot to all :wave:!

Regards,
gr6120

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
it does depend on the eye of the beholder and who wants or needs it some cars sell for 200$ on ebay and here they would fetch half that on the trade borads

That being the case, wouldn't you say an all WL 5-pack in a mint package might go for more than $50 (maybe around $70-$75)?

if you sold them seperatly yes for sure you could get that much but all 5 together the buyer would most likely want a better price now on ebay all 5 would get you prolly like 75$ but trade wise id value it at about 50

ebay is the place where everything gets TOP dollar the whole world almost can see it on ebay so its better advertising ive sen stuff sell on ttp that could fetch double on ebay but not as many people use ttp so it doesnt fetch as much there

there always someone somewhere who will pay TOP dollar and on ebay you will always find that someone but when it comes to trade borads and collecting sites for cars that someone usually isnt arround if you know what i mean im not sure how many members this site has but im sure anything you got for sale can fetch you a good amout more on ebay then here cause so many more people see it on ebay

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
also it depends on timing like if its the only one on ebay everyone has to fight for it or if it just came out everyone wants it real bad then when more show up in a couple weeks the only one that sold for say 50$ will sell for about 20 when there is 30 of them for sale at once

like when i sold my rr c6 vetts from the 2004 superfast series i had the balck and blue seperatly on ebay and they were the only ones on ebay i got 46$ for the black one and 52 for the blue one OUTRAGEOUS i know then a few weks later i saw they were selling for 20$ each if that cause everyone that saw my auctions went crazy selling theres and flooded the market so the suply caught the demand and the value came crashing down kinda like some white lightnings lately due to the canada dump the bwf camaro used to be like 200$ on ebay 150 on a bad card maybe now with the flood of jl cars in canada they are about 100-150 on a good card and i saw one for 75 on a bad card

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Wow, that's a great view of e Bay :thumbsup:. Thanks for the detailed reply; I really appreciate it :wave:. Regarding the WL BWF Camaro, though, from what I understand, very few of those turned up here in Canada, so I'd be surprised if the ones that did had any bearing on the value of this piece in the collecting community :confused:.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts