·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are oval racing program is about to be shut down do to the lack
of support. Any oval racers need to express their concern and
support to Ed at UltraRacing. Any suggestions might help. Their is
a OVAL forum at UltraRacing. http://rccaronline.com/
I already started the question in that forum.
SUPPORT!!!

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well I for one want Ultra to continue their Oval program as I don't road race. I would like to see the track changed back and forth weekly so we could have a larger oval. They could change it on thursday for oval practice and still have their novice, obstacle course or whatever on friday nights and oval on saturday then switch it back for road Sunday thru wed. But the only way Ed will be willing is for oval racers to speak up and make a commitment to support the place. Ed has to see that he can make money by offering Oval racing, he is not an oval racer himself he is in the Hobby shop business to make a living and will cater to the group that supports him and his family. So if you want a place to oval race this season get in touch with Ed and make a comitment to race there and purchase product from him. I have talked to him and he doesn't see enough interest in oval racing in the area, so if you want to oval race get in touch with him @ 513-863-7342. If he is not in leave a message(I AM ______ ______ AND i WILL SUPPORT YOU THIS RACE SEASON ON THE OVAL and my phone number is ___-___-____ call me. Further more Oval racers in the area need to donate a car to a buddy and get him out to race. Get a spec motor and battery class(any chassy)going so it will be cost effective for the new racer. Come on guys lets not let this great facility die off where oval is concerned. Lets get oval racing going again in the the cincy, dayton, northen kentucy are again. :)

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Well said John
I agree with some kind of spec class to get new racers interested. I would be willing to donate/pass around a 10L3 rolling chassis to someone that wants to get started. I'm sure we could all find some parts in our pit box to help a fellow racer. Ultra is a first class facility that needs our support, lets keep it going.:thumbsup:
Roger

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
New Castle is about 1 hr and 30 min from John's Bsr head quarters! They are going to start racing the second weekend of September.

-Monti-

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well...speaking from a little further south where the only thing they race is horses....I enjoyed racing at Ultra 2 years ago. We had some awesome races back then. Unfortunately....the on road guys convinced Ed that they needed more space so they took it from the oval track. I went very early last year and found it virtually impossible to run anything much faster than stock. That killed it for me....so I started making the trek to Ft Wayne to race (8 hour round trip in one day). I for one would love to race in Cinci (4 hour round trip)again but it will have to be on a decent size track. New Castle looks to be the option for now......we'll have to see what develops......

"D"

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
A lot of guys vanished at Ultra since the oval track was
built smaller. I hope it stays though since its in a central
location, or can get a new track to open in the Cincy area.
Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Where is the New Castle track located? Is there a web site
for that new track yet?? Like to check that out.
Kev

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Ed
Please don't discontinue oval racing. One reason I got into the hobby was because there was a track close enough to my house to practice and learn. The employees and racers have been great to me in giving me helpful advice since I am new or fairly new to the hobby. Please don't give up on the oval racers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts