Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a retired auto mechanic..

working on a Toro Wheel Horse 8-32

B&S 8 hp.

191707 6021 01 90021710

if jump the selinoid it will run... but putting it in gear will kill engine..

here is part of the issue this unit came with NO battery and starter selinoid is missing... and possible wires maybe missing...

I installed battery and universal solenoid... there is no power to key switch wires.
and everything I have tried to disable safety circuits do not work

does Toro use an Isolated ground starter solenoid???

this is a freebee for a church member.. all help is welcomed.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just so.. EVERYONE knows.. I believe in all safety circuits MUST work before the unit is returned to a customer....

regardless what I do .. I can not bypass the transmission safety switch.... engine does run... if I try to go to Reverse OR any forward gear the engine dies.... YES I could remove the magneto kill wire.. but I like to stop the engine without a screwdriver.

based on the provided wiring diagram... NO Positive power goes to the key switch.. so solenoid must be a negative driven type.

and as far as I can tell.. the battery negative is NOT connected to the body ground. (floating Ground ) and (floating Negative).

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
If the illustration is representative of your wiring setup, then the issue is likely the safety interlock module (listed in the diagram as module). It's probably bad and causing the engine to die when any of the switches are activated.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the illustration is representative of your wiring setup, then the issue is likely the safety interlock module (listed in the diagram as module). It's probably bad and causing the engine to die when any of the switches are activated.

the diagram is from the owner manual for this tractor..so owner said.

will try to locate the Module and a correct starter solenoid.
and fix several cut wires and a few burnt connectors.

I Thank You for your help AGAIN.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts