Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Feel free to post your "Foreign" unknown car's here and the pro's will (Hopefully!) give us the proper names so we can catalog our "Funny" car's!

Thanks in advance here's my first 3:

My bad! I post them then move them! Doh!:freak:

And one more!

:wave:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
And Mr John starts with the hard ones. A car lost in the fog, a car lost in a snow bank, and a car in Cheech and Chong's garage.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Are the middle and last ones Burger King or McDonald's specials? I have a Matchbox that is completely plastic and comes from Burger King and it has the same sort of feel to it. Fantasy car and plastic and all. But I'm only guessing...

That orange truck shouldn't be too hard to identify for the experts. I go with this one: http://hotwheels.wikia.com/wiki/'56_Hi-Tail_Hauler

Edit: the pictures seem to be gone...

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
ok, I guess the pics problems are solved?

Not sure, but I think this is what this thread is about... got 2 here... one easy and one that maybe NO ONE knows the answer to... the yellow one is supposed to be a Hot Wheels, probably a prototype?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The yellow one looks like a custom - looks like the Firebird/Vette funny chassis with a custom body. The body was made to look kind of like the S'cool bus with the escape hatch in the top.. the body is probably made from another brand of diecast, maybe the JL one?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Is it based on a real car, Ford Fairmont maybe?
It looks to have spot-lights...my guess is that it's a car that would also have been used by law-enforcement. While I can't say for sure if it's based on a real car, it does bear some resemblance to an early-1980s Chevy Caprice.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
@ Pablodragon, the silver S2000 looks as though it may not even be a Hot Wheels, despite the distinctive flame logo. But even if it is a HW's prototype, it's definitely a custom.

What's the make and model? :confused:
Is it based on a real car, Ford Fairmont maybe?
To me, the Taxi resembles a Chevy Malibu front and back. But the car itself is a generic design.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
actually, the S2000 is a Hot Wheels..it's just one of those larger scale (1:50th) versions from the HIN (Hot Import Nights) series.. here is one, but a different color...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Wheels-...87786?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item4848c61a8a

The yellow bus may be a custom, or may be a prototo type... the pic itself is really old...cant remember where I got it, thought it was some Hot Wheels web page, maybe as far back as 1999.. the base may be from some other Hot Wheels funny car, but the wheel wells sure match up pretty well.... dont know who was making a 1/64th scale VW bus that looked like that from that long ago, but it wasn't JL...the one they had didn't have all the windows and was differently shaped

1 - 20 of 34 Posts