Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to not be outdated when i get back into oval racing so i would like to know what the brushless/lipo equivalent to stock/nimh is nowadays!! i only want to buy once and i am confused on what to show up at the track with and be semi- competitive!! thanks in advance everybody

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
DJ66 gave you THE BEST advice you will ever get.

You need to see WHAT is being run at the track(s) you plan to race at.

Right now, a lot of places are in transitions...and there are a lot of different options depending on Where and what SIZE track!

Lots of NEW Cars too - ASSOCIATED, KSG, Hyperdrive and MORE!

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
i would like to not be outdated when i get back into oval racing so i would like to know what the brushless/lipo equivalent to stock/nimh is nowadays!! i only want to buy once and i am confused on what to show up at the track with and be semi- competitive!! thanks in advance everybody
Tyson,

If you are running a Dirtrunners or Marshall's, they are running 13.5 with single cell (1S) LiPo for 1/10th oval pan car. Wayne ran a 13.5/1S combo last year for one or two races. He was about the same speed as the 4-cell NiMH/17.5 cars.

If you can wait until the DR indoor season starts, you might want to check out the Havoc 1S speed control (or combos) as an economical alternative. Also check out the DR indoor thread here: http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=262871

1 - 5 of 5 Posts