Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a pit kit with slotcars in it last night...
And it is the most I have even spent on buying old slotcars..
I even went to the guys house to look at the cars...
Am I becoming a *gasp* "collector"? :eek:
Is there a 12 step program I can enroll in or should I not worry about it and just buy more cars? :lol:
scott

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Free diagnois: If the old ones occupy a special place on the shelf and the track that's fine. They are way cool and certainly "limited edition." It's easy to appreciate where it all came from.

If you begin to obscess about upgrading your teal Mustang due to a possible tiny crack in the rear screwpost, and are looking for every stripe variant Maserati ever made..... well, that kind of compulsion is going to get expensive...... I can put you on a payment plan however.

Better to air your problems in group therapy first - Post A Picture! LOL

Jeff

·
Registered
807 Posts
slotcar addiction

noddaz said:
Is there a 12 step program I can enroll in or should I not worry about it and just buy more cars? :lol:
scott

First post a picture and bring your problem of collecting out in the open. :dude:

Second... if that don't work send the troublesome slotcars to me.I am a certified slotcar addiction doctor and can help.. :freak:
I have papers..(Wait till I print them up):D :roll:
or call 1-800-slotcaraddiction for more info...LOL

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
noddaz said:
scott

Yes you are.. and I have a a group of Yellow and blue 917's you should send me this weeks paycheck for...

Coach

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't say that kind of stuff coach...

coach61 said:
Yes you are.. and I have a a group of Yellow and blue 917's you should send me this weeks paycheck for...

Coach
You are making my wallet tremble..

roadrner said:
I knew it was only a matter of time. :freak: rr
Argghhh!!!

What is the cure???? Ebay everything????? :lol:
Scott

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Another one bites the dust

Your preaching to the choir here man! The slot virus manifests itself in many ways. In my case the virus lay dormant for many years. It came out of remission during my second childhood to full blown status. No known cure! I recomend you infect some other hapless victim immediatly! My family only appears to tease about intervention. I think they may really be up to something! Little do they know gramps still has some moves they havent seen yet. Catch me if you can! Soon our commerade Scott will experience the stages - denial-anger-bargaining-helplessness and finally acceptance. I think Jeff spelled it out pretty good, if your twitchin' about variations, unusual factory flaws, the quaility of box art and have more shelf queens than runners and hotrods there may some cause for concern. Scott: Congrats on finding some treasure. Better have your head on a swivel cuz I'll probably snipe ya! Ha Ha, Your a Slot Junkie! I guess it takes one to know one. Your in good company. BTW my condolences to your disposable income :(

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,714 Posts
Here's your 12-step program:

1 -- Take 6 steps away from the table.
2 -- Take 6 steps back to the table and enjoy your new cars.

Easy enough?

'doba

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Hi,
My name is Jerry and i'm a SLOT-A-HOLIC. It's been ten minutes since i last adjusted/ran/or looked at a Tjet. :)

Just relax and enjoy it. ;)

P.S. No offense to anyone in the Program.

Jerry

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Huh?

1976Cordoba said:
Here's your 12-step program:

1 -- Take 6 steps away from the table.
2 -- Take 6 steps back to the table and enjoy your new cars.

Easy enough?

'doba
Do I do the hokey pokey too? :lol:
Scott

·
Registered
194 Posts
Enjoy!

Scott, You don't need help. You need to just relax and enjoy the open slot track! Life is short. Drive FAST. Have fun. :wave: Greg

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
so come ON already! What'dja get?!?

--rick

edit: whoopsie. never mind, found the other thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts