Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! Great site!!

What I'm searching for but have had zero luck finding is this.....

A standard slot car size track, gray in color with standard size cars. The only catch was that the cars were rc(ish) and the big gimick was the ability to pass and crash one another.

I remember the track having steel cords like the standard slotcar track but many times more, I believe the cars still had brushes obviously.

The track had half inch tall side walls all the way around so cars wouldnt run off it..

This has to be around 20 years ago.. My son is just now old enough to get in to this hobby and I'd love to have that set...

HELP!!

One note. We were not very well off growing up so I'm guessing $100.00 was maybe capped out for a birthday gift back then!?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Might want to try searching some things like TCR, Xlerators, Speed Steer, maybe even Matchbox had slotless set ups such as you describe. I'm sure that there are others. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Post,

Thank you so much!! That TCR looks exactly like what i had! Has there been an updated version or something similar ?!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Sounds like a TCR set to me. (Total Control Racing) There's a guy here who has a pretty awesome set up and a fair number of pics too...but I don't remember who it is.

This is a commercial for the one that I begged for that Santa never brung me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
836 Posts
20 years ago would be the Tyco TCR set Grey track...

hey there is a link to my site ^ :)

have fun reading.

about 35 years ago Lionel power passers had a Super crash version where you rammed into the back of a slotless TCR car and parts flew off like destruction derby :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Slotless racing kinda died. The closest thing today are the digital slot car sets with the ability to switch slots.

I had one of those crossfire setups as a kid, bunch o' fun

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have some track and stuff that I would let yuo get ahold of for a very fair price. I do not have any cars for this track.

Rob

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
iPhone Pirate

You should check out any second-hand store and thrift shop in your area. They do show up there, and you can get them for a couple bucks.

I saw one at a local thrift store a couple weeks ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts