Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1st venture into model kit sculpting was a disaster.I sculpted a kit of the Cowardly Lion for a deadbeat seller & never received a casting as promised.I also goofed by not taking a picture of it before I delivered it.The Lion was standing in a boxing pose while standing on a big tree stump.Does anyone out there have one or know anyone who has one? I would really really appreciate if someone could send me a pic of one.This has haunted me since I sculpted it back in the 90`s.
Thanx to anyone who can do this.You will be my new best friend.
Sculptors beware & learn a lesson from my mistake.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
bizzarobrian, I got that kit way back when! I built and painted it too! Then gave it to my wife for Christmas! She is a big Wiz Oz fan. When I get home tonight I'll take a pic of it and I have have a copy on line on my VERY old web site under My Den. It's the second pic on the first row. :) http://www.chinxy.com/images/DSCF0073.JPG
Is this the kit?

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
My 1st venture into model kit sculpting was a disaster.I sculpted a kit of the Cowardly Lion for a deadbeat seller & never received a casting as promised.I also goofed by not taking a picture of it before I delivered it.The Lion was standing in a boxing pose while standing on a big tree stump.Does anyone out there have one or know anyone who has one? I would really really appreciate if someone could send me a pic of one.This has haunted me since I sculpted it back in the 90`s.
Thanx to anyone who can do this.You will be my new best friend.
Sculptors beware & learn a lesson from my mistake.
The Resin kit business can be a dark and frustrating place- I understand your frustration- I'm sure many do- Some kit producers take the sculptors (and customers) for granted. Some people have even quit sculpting or modeling in resin kits.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bizzarobrian, I got that kit way back when! I built and painted it too! Then gave it to my wife for Christmas! She is a big Wiz Oz fan. When I get home tonight I'll take a pic of it and I have have a copy on line on my VERY old web site under My Den. It's the second pic on the first row. :) http://www.chinxy.com/images/DSCF0073.JPG
Is this the kit?
You are my new best friend Dude.I can`t thank you enough.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to burn that guy`s ass for burning me I`m doing another.Mite expand to the other characters as we... :)
Is your wife a fan of the books as well?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this the kit?
Chinxy if you can get me a straight on pic of that kit that would be awesome.I`m looking at your collection & I noticed the Rod Serling almost right next to mine.It`s strange cause that was sculpted by a good friend of mine. lol

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Yes, I'll take a pic when I get done with my Klingon kit I'm working on. I need to clean my den. Also need to update my website. I loved the Serling kit. Sad thing is I bought an extra base for my friend, but he never got it cause he got in trouble. Now I have an extra base. I should sell that on ebay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts